Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
Pinchlite

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
BECK/ARNLEY?

Brake drums.I have done some research but come here for final confirmation from the yaris experts.

I do like how they are pre finished..not sure if powdered or just painted.If its painted hopefully its a catalyst type epoxy paint.

LINK:BECK/ARNLEY

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/t...+hub,drum,1744
Pinchlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
i'm sure it's the cheapest paint possible...
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #3
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I've had good results with going with the $18 or $20 drums and painting them with a brake specific paint. With proper prep I've had excellent anti rust and it cost much less then paying for "premium" pre painted ones.

As stated above, they are likely not a quality heavy coat of paint but I've never ran them so I'm just speaking purely out of the fact that beck arnley is a budget company.

Only time I had short lived anti rust results on my drums was when I sanded and painted already rusted drums. As long as you spray them brand new it tends to last a long while
Old 03-16-2017, 11:29 PM   #4
Lux

Drives: NCP91
Buy genuine Japanese-made Toyota drums, where the option is available. If not available, or it's a time-critical repair, you can downgrade to AC Delco or Napa Premium, where available.

I've had innumerable concentricity problems with aftermarket drums within minutes of driving. And, specifically, drums. Never judge it by its paint. It just needs to remain concentric under use.

You can paint it whatever you want. It won't matter because maximum internal diameter will determine its lifespan.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote