Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-14-2016, 01:51 AM   #1
Vesper
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
New brakes, squeak sound at front brakes

Hi guys, 1st post ever on Yarisworld, such a bible in here, amazing !

Still writing for a squeak sound my girlfriend's getting with her front brakes (new rotors & pads, 500km on them) on a 2008 Yaris.

https://youtu.be/BF5zBAvQPTU

The video tape was took from the outside near the driver side wheel almost at stop position. Sound at 6 and 8 sec is the brake paddle itself.

You hear it only when releasing very gently the brake pedal from a stop position or when making a complete stop with pedal to the floor, normal brake application doesn't really make the sound, but still annoying and I'd like to find where it's coming from.

Rear drums were cleaned and greased also, they were making their own squeak sound, but cleaning and greasing them solved the problem.

I did the brake job myself, dissembled the whole thing a 2nd time and still getting the same sound...any idea ?

Thank you !
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #2
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
my stock pads were like that...changed them to racing pads...no sounds at all other than when i start the car in the morning and leave home...pads and rotors are just starting to warm up..sounds normal for me..and it goes away in a minute..

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:02 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Sometimes brake squeak is just the way it is. What brand rotors and pads did you use? Also, did you go through with the exercise of bedding in the brakes after you replaced them?
Old 09-09-2016, 03:02 PM   #4
LTHatch

Drives: 2013 Yaris Hatchback L
My stock Yaris brakes make the same sound at very light braking, especially when they are cold. Did you get the new rotors nice and warm and try to see if it made the same noise?
LTHatch is offline   Reply With Quote