Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
nsracing
NSR

Drives: yaris
Im trying to figure out a easy way to make my yaris fast... help!

Ok i just bought a yaris liftback. my friend just bought a new car as well, shes been wanning to race. but with the kinda car she has ill get killed, and i dont wanna lose. So i was wondering if theres anything you guys can think of that i can do to my car to make it faster with the least amount of money... then again go all out if need be i only gotta beat a 2006 mitsu lancer OZ, it cant be that hard right?
nsracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 AM   #2
Unknown_Epiphany
First Ever Import

Drives: 2007 Silver Streak Mica Sedan
.... Are you kidding me? The Lancer OZ I believe has 160 HP or something close to that and weighs 2900 pounds. I seriously think you are joking.
Unknown_Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:21 AM   #3
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsracing View Post
Ok i just bought a yaris liftback. my friend just bought a new car as well, shes been wanning to race. but with the kinda car she has ill get killed, and i dont wanna lose. So i was wondering if theres anything you guys can think of that i can do to my car to make it faster with the least amount of money... then again go all out if need be i only gotta beat a 2006 mitsu lancer OZ, it cant be that hard right?
For about $4,500 you should be able to get a Super Charger installed... Lord knows your not going to do the Installation!

Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:36 AM   #4
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
your cheapest bet would be to let all the air out of your friends tires... cant roll to quick that way,

if your looking to spend a little bit more money buy a swedish made penis enlarger (provided your a male) and go to town... then after she beats you, you can whip it out and impress her with your massiveness.... then I'm sure she will soon forget the outcome of the race and you will be allllllll set. haha jk
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:44 AM   #5
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsracing View Post
Don't listen to this guys! Your Yaris can take a 160Hp lancer every day!

Here are a few tips:

Look in ebay for Hp adders... you will find some performance chips that can add 50% more power to the Yar...

You need to shape all the weight you can from your car! Take out your seats... Profesional drivers dont even wear shoes!!! in order to save some weight!

You ned to lower your front tire presure down to 7psi, that's right 7psi... This is for super maximum grip power... that way you can rev your car up to 6,500rpm and dump the clutch at once for a super take off that will leave that Mitsu looking at your dust

If you have an Auto, just put it in neutral, rev it up to 6,500 and trow D....!

But the most important of all....... please take a video!! so you can show us when you are kicking that Mitsu's butt.

Good luck dude!
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:54 AM   #6
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
all joking aside, just race them and see where you stand, it should be fairly close. and if your ego would get hurt that badly, just claim you missed 3rd gear or something. If its an auto, just pretend toyota had a recall on your flux capacitor and you haven't been into the dealership to have it replaced. She is a girl what does she know.
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #7
FlintS

Drives: 2007 Yaris S Sedan
Take every single piece of weight out of your car. Make sure you have just enough gas to race and get to a gas station.. I would recomend a Cold Air Intake First, Springs and struts next, after that a short shifter, then a few cheap goodies like grounding wires, pullies, etc.. The stock intake sux, but at the same time, the suspension will lunge so bad you cant really launch. I am hoping for some motor mounts to come out soon as well...
FlintS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #8
FlintS

Drives: 2007 Yaris S Sedan
did I mention a good little trip to Mexico... They sell some bad ass sky rocketts you can duct tape onto your spoiler.... He will be laughing so damn hard how's he going to drive??
FlintS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #9
nsracing
NSR

ha im temped to try it stock but im not lookin to lose. I understand some of you fools think its impossible But for the ones that have given me good advise i thank you! Now if yall have anymore please tell i just gotta find all the stuff you guys are telling me about. see now i got the money thats by no means a problem. Just i dont know about these cars. Im a dirt track guy so its totally different then this.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #10
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintS View Post
Take every single piece of weight out of your car. Make sure you have just enough gas to race and get to a gas station.. I would recomend a Cold Air Intake First, Springs and struts next, after that a short shifter, then a few cheap goodies like grounding wires, pullies, etc.. The stock intake sux, but at the same time, the suspension will lunge so bad you cant really launch. I am hoping for some motor mounts to come out soon as well...

I'm with Flint
YarisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #11
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Are you racing a quarter mile type race, or a track type? If your just going straight, you could use two space saver spares on the back of the car, the less weight in the back of the car the better. It is all dead weight back there. Also make sure you pump a lot of air (but not too much of course!) into those rear tires. You want any power to be transferred as forward motion, not downward motion in the rear. Loosing weight, again mostly in the rear, is your best and cheapest (free) method. Ditch the floor mats, extra seats, hubcaps, etc. You can also remove the alternator and do short runs with just the battery. BUT you WILL lose use of your water pump, possibly ruining your engine if it overheats. You could also start the car, then remove the battery. Lose weight, that is your best bet, remove anything from the car you can. If you do have some money get a cold air intake, exhaust. Don't waste your money with premium gas or fuel additives, or yellow stickers.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
[QUOTE=Astroman;71444]Are you racing a quarter mile type race, or a track type? If your just going straight, you could use two space saver spares on the back of the car, the less weight in the back of the car the better. It is all dead weight back there. Also make sure you pump a lot of air (but not too much of course!) into those rear tires. You want any power to be transferred as forward motion, not downward motion in the rear. Loosing weight, again mostly in the rear, is your best and cheapest (free) method. Ditch the floor mats, extra seats, hubcaps, etc. You can also remove the alternator and do short runs with just the battery. BUT you WILL lose use of your water pump, possibly ruining your engine if it overheats. You could also start the car, then remove the battery. Lose weight, that is your best bet, remove anything from the car you can. If you do have some money get a cold air intake, exhaust. Don't waste your money with premium gas or fuel additives, or yellow stickers.[/QUOTE}\]
lol please tell me this was all a joke.....you cant run without your battery you will mess your computer up and probably same goes for the alternator...
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #13
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
lol please tell me this was all a joke.....you cant run without your battery you will mess your computer up and probably same goes for the alternator...[/QUOTE]

he is not realy that far off... yes you can start your car and remove your battery without harming your computer or alternator
Old 04-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #14
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
my one and only suggestion for you would be to kill your ego and just race her. if you can't handle racing someone (a girl for that matter), losing and then not being able to resist slitting your wrists you need some serious help.

edit* you bought a YARIS! i would imagine that you looked at the specs on these cars if you were worried about racing anything.
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:59 PM   #15
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboyaris View Post
all joking aside, just race them and see where you stand, it should be fairly close. and if your ego would get hurt that badly, just claim you missed 3rd gear or something. If its an auto, just pretend toyota had a recall on your flux capacitor and you haven't been into the dealership to have it replaced. She is a girl what does she know.

lmao... man i hate those shitty flux capacitors
Toyota hasn't come up with a updated part since the '88 GTS.

anyways all joking aside, remove weight. do the ghetto air box trick and just race and see what happens... have fun man!
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:30 PM   #16
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
I haven't seen a flux capacitor since the DeLorean that went back to the future.
Instead of drag racing her, Take her on a tight road course Auto cross or pylon race. Your Yaris and it's smaller size should out handle the bigger Mitsu.
And of course lose some weight.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:03 PM   #17
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
I took on a 05 Lanser OZ, he wooped me, but he had a lot more mods than me, if it were not for his suspension upgrades I would have been able to out manover him, but he was lowered with upper and lower bars front and rear, I had no chance.... L8er in the summer after I lower her, I will get my rear seats, spare and BS and run him again ans see what's up
Old 04-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #18
nsracing
NSR

my ego wont hurt for this girl is my girlfriend but, she wants to race me on the street because ive kicked her ass every time on the track, she bought the mitsu in 06 and shes been wanting me to do things to it ever since but then she got the idea she can race me and win on the street. So i go and buy a car that i thought would be funny as hell to be beat by and i got the yaris. Now im getting better feed back now. the guy who said to cock slap her... i dont need to, she already likes it. haha... i just wanna kick her ass because ill never hear the end of it. ok i think im gunna get a exhaust and a cold air intake. What else? lightin it... ok take out the rear seats, good as done. what else?