Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
gonzo452001

Drives: 3-door liftback blazing blue
hard starting after moving car

If I start my yaris cold fast Idle and drive it very short distant like less than a mile Idle still fast its real hard to start like its flooded any body else have this problem kind of sucks .Today i need to get the car out of the garage to get my riding mower out and will have to let the car warm up and waist gas
oem style foglights
96tacoma 4x4 xcab I4auto
Weathertech vent visors
Scan GaugeII
gonzo452001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
wait please explain a bit better... so if you start he car move it a small distancer and then park it(shut it off) is hard to restart it???

it could definitely be getting flooded since it was runing a high idle and pushing more fuel...
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
gonzo452001

Drives: 3-door liftback blazing blue
Yes that's what its doing never had any problem like that on my other toyota's
oem style foglights
96tacoma 4x4 xcab I4auto
Weathertech vent visors
Scan GaugeII
gonzo452001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:15 AM   #4
V8TITAN

Drives: 07 nissan titan, 07 yaris
so your worried about wasting gas while getting your mower out?? hell you could only be loosing like 50 cents in gas.. wow

1.dont mow your lawn, save gas, use siscors...
2.push your car out, push it back in, if its too heavy get the neighbor boy...
3. park it in the driveway the day before you mow
Old 06-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8TITAN View Post
so your worried about wasting gas while getting your mower out?? hell you could only be loosing like 50 cents in gas.. wow
Well, I'll bet it costs alot more to start that Titan than 50 cents. (heeee-hee).
jlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #6
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
The Yaris' ECU is very aggressive when it comes to warming the car up. It dumps huge amounts of fuel to the injectors to do this, running twice as rich and using twice as much by volume than usual.

One side effect of this is that a lot of fuel can end up "queued" in the throttle body and in the injector load points. If not enough time passes after you turn the ignition off then the fuel never has a chance to distribute, abate or otherwise spread out more evenly. Then, when you start it back up, you're basically in a flooded condition for a few seconds while the throttle body tries to push the extra leftover fuel forward, down and through the injectors.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
V8TITAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlift View Post
Well, I'll bet it costs alot more to start that Titan than 50 cents. (heeee-hee).
yep and im not crying one bit i pay more for gas then i do for the truck lol... but who cares, i figure everytime i start up my truck that cancels the good work of about 10 hybrids lol...as long as gas is still here im going to use it how i want since i pay so much for it... plus i couldnt justify putting that gas money into any other vehicle...
Old 06-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
yep and im not crying one bit i pay more for gas then i do for the truck lol... but who cares, i figure everytime i start up my truck that cancels the good work of about 10 hybrids lol...as long as gas is still here im going to use it how i want since i pay so much for it... plus i couldnt justify putting that gas money into any other vehicle...
I knew you were an American before I even looked at the location listed under your avatar.

You only find that level of flippant selfishness right here at home.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #9
V8TITAN

im puerto rican and im at lost to what your trying to say, flippant selfishness ? thats a new one. also how is it selfish to use the gas i purchase how i want ?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #10
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
im puerto rican and im at lost to what your trying to say, flippant selfishness ? thats a new one. also how is it selfish to use the gas i purchase how i want ?
That was not the nicest way to say it for certain... but I think he just means that what people do has an effect on the planet and everything on it--wasting gas has effects beyond what it does to your wallet.

Please don't get me wrong, I love to drive too! Not a treehugger, not the most eco-responsible person in the world, but I am aware that others will inherit the earth after I'm gone and I'd like to do what I can to leave it in good shape...
Old 06-09-2007, 01:22 AM   #11
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
I knew you were an American before I even looked at the location listed under your avatar.

Why are the Americans that expect all people follow their beliefs, the most likely to hate Americans????

Bailout I admire what you are doing...but I don't ever want to be forced into doing what I don't want. The rich can do anything they want, I just want to do what I can afford.

Last edited by churp; 06-09-2007 at 01:26 AM. Reason: clarification
churp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:04 AM   #12
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post

And for that you should bomb him on these forums like terrorists bomb others overseas. Don't throw shit like this out there, it just pisses people off. If you wanted, keep it personal and just send him a PM.
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #13
V8TITAN

i shouldnt even have posted another one but whatever, it makes me mad how someone can call me out for using too much gas, what do you think america is ? gas guzzlers... anyways im not trying to push that any farther. but i clicked that link of his and i produce 15,143 pounds of co2 a year and i should spend $80 for a bumper sticker,2 window stickers ??? i thought it was something that actually went on my truck to keep the co2 out of the air but its a sticker...