Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
charlene8301
Charlene

Drives: '08 Yaris 2dr Hbck Auto
Send a message via Yahoo to charlene8301
would LOVE to customize! Need low cost ideas!

Well I got to start off saying I am a single mom and work p/t in the medical field while going to college. I have an '08 hatchback that I am wanting to customize. My boyfriend bought me the bright blue headlights for Christmas and even though I just got them installed and it isn't dark yet I love them already lol!

I seriously want to customize my car. I already have plans of painting the Toyota logo in black (my car is red) and my bf is thinking of buying me the racing grille in the future. I know I could take the toyota and yaris words off or could I paint them as well like the "t" logo? Also what else is affordable that would look great? Websites and photos would be awesome!

BTW I am interested in getting a wing that my bf saw online and I found on ebay, it sticks out a lil more and kind of curves down towards the sides of the car....I was wondering where else that is for sale online bc it seems like most sites only sell the tiny boring spoiler that is useless.

Please Yaris/Car buffs help this lady out!

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 96SP_06_Yaris_C1_Spoiler.jpg (72.8 KB, 379 views)

Last edited by charlene8301; 12-28-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: forgot photo
charlene8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
The Architect
Give Me Resonance

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Send a message via AIM to The Architect
The standard "mod the yaris" package is a set of lowering springs, Wheels, headlights, tail lights, a spoiler, a tint job & of course a debadging.

If this is done tastefully it can make for a slick ride.

(3) 12" Alpine Type R Subs/Hifonics BXi1208D
Hifonics ZXi6.5c / 2006 Kicker ZX350.4
Knu Fleks 1/0 Wiring & In Big 3
Optima Yellow Top Battery/Iraggi HO Alternator
Alpine CDA-105, KCA-420i/KCA-121b/KCE-400BT
PG TLD22 8V Line Driver
The Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
zuberio
Joined 3/08 ... really

Drives: '07 Sedan
Taking the toyota and yaris logos off the back is called 'de-badging' and there's plenty of tutorials on how to do this in the DIY section. Go for it!

If you've still got your steelies (stock steel wheels with hub caps) then you can either
1 - paint the hub caps (black? red?)
2 - get rid of the hub caps and paint the steelies (black? red?)
3 - get some new rims for your ride (small wheels for our small cars = cheap new rims ;)
4 - I remember some time ago someone took their stock steelies, painted them black and then added a stick-on chrome/shiny steel rim to them, very hot if you can find the lip

Tint your windows if you haven't already. (I still need to get around to that for my car)

Fog lights, of course. Our resident supplier and all around guy full of awesomness Cali Yaris can hook you up with good ones at a good price. I've met him in person a few times and bought many things from him - he won't let you down. Oh, and Cali Yaris may be able to hook you up with the spoiler you're looking for.

Signalling side mirror covers - I have the parts myself I just need to get around to installing them ... someday.

all the above mods are relatively inexpensive - so they won't break the bank. I'm sure other people around here will come up with cool stuff as well.

Last edited by zuberio; 12-29-2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Added Cali Yaris as contact for possible spolier
zuberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
i like that spoiler alot. here is a TRD spoiler on mine, i got from trdsparks.com and it comes already painted with a template to drill your holes. i like it alot, but if you can find out where they sell that spoiler id get that instead cuz that is rare

i think lowering the yaris is first priority in any mod cuz the damn thing is so tall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg first_time 028.jpg (139.7 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg first_time 023.jpg (220.2 KB, 340 views)
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
The spoiler you're referring to is a JDM RS replica spoiler. I used to have the eBay one. Garm (Micro Image) carries it as well.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
I've heard that the rear sway bar addition is the best thing you can do for a yaris. I've yet to do it but saving up my precious pennies. For that and lowering springs.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ In terms of pure driving pleasure, it is.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
My first two mods would be (and were) lowering springs and wheels.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
annn
ヤリスワールド

Drives: 2008 HB
http://www.microimageonline.com/forums/forum.php

Check out link for more mods than you will ever need ...
annn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #10
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ In terms of pure driving pleasure, it is.
hey i was just wondering what are the differences between the 19mm and 23mm rear sway bars on the mi site is it just the size of the bars or is it different for different models like lb, sedan, or hb
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
It's just the size. Some people claim bigger is better. Maybe for auto-crossers, but for a DD, you won't notice any difference between 19 and 23mm.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
annn
ヤリスワールド

Drives: 2008 HB
http://shop.microimageonline.com/Mic...ack-MI-hd1.htm

Here's a dirt cheap mod that will not be seen in your city,making your yaris a kind of a 1 of a kind for your city. Cosmetic and functional !
annn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
matthewai

thanks weewee i might jsut look into one well i was but i mean actually do something about it haha
Old 01-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
matthewai

Quote:
Originally Posted by annn View Post
http://shop.microimageonline.com/Mic...ack-MI-hd1.htm

Here's a dirt cheap mod that will not be seen in your city,making your yaris a kind of a 1 of a kind for your city. Cosmetic and functional !
is there a cf hood for sedans ? im sure there is somewhere anyone know?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #15
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
^ There are a few. Two members I can think of at the moment with sedan cf hoods are Brian and fnkngrv.