Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-31-2007, 12:06 AM   #37
Pavel Olavich
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Thanks for the compliment Pavel...nearing 43 I do feel quite young. Just proves once again your mouth is bigger than your foot.
You're in my age group? Wow...all the guys I know my age have better things to do with their time then to add a useless CAI intake on a Yaris, of all vehicles, especially if the benefit is zero. Na, I'm not bitter...I just find it most amazing RedYaris, I would expect a teenager to do what you did...hey, you're entitled to your own dillusion, and all the power to you...wait! All the 0.53 HP to you!

Now guys please do let me know of any and all mods that will either add MPG, or power or both, and I mean more then 10HP or 2-3 more MPG....those are the ones I'm interested in...
Pavel Olavich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:09 AM   #38
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
Pavel, give it up. Everything you like others may not like and vice versa, be respectfull!!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:24 AM   #39
QTvDWGbziqGjbkb
Novaton

Drives: Vitz 3 Doors Gray Metallic
Send a message via ICQ to QTvDWGbziqGjbkb Send a message via Yahoo to QTvDWGbziqGjbkb
Nic3 tutorial redyaris. Kudos!

I'm in the process of installing one in my Vitz myself. I like the nice sound of the Flowmaster muffler, CAI and Turbo combined. I just drive up to 60 mph... no more; so hp are not relevant to me. Besides the faster you drive the more gasoline you burn and the more tickets you get ;) .

Anyway, thank you again for spending some time writing these DIY's. 5 stars for it!
QTvDWGbziqGjbkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:12 AM   #40
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Olavich View Post
You're in my age group? Wow...all the guys I know my age have better things to do with their time then to add a useless CAI intake on a Yaris, of all vehicles, especially if the benefit is zero. Na, I'm not bitter...I just find it most amazing RedYaris, I would expect a teenager to do what you did...hey, you're entitled to your own dillusion, and all the power to you...wait! All the 0.53 HP to you!

Now guys please do let me know of any and all mods that will either add MPG, or power or both, and I mean more then 10HP or 2-3 more MPG....those are the ones I'm interested in...
Then stay out of this thread clueless wonder and let us revel in our dillusion whatever that means.

BTW i'm doing a search for your DIY's and I didn't find any.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:15 AM   #41
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTvDWGbziqGjbkb View Post
Nic3 tutorial redyaris. Kudos!

I'm in the process of installing one in my Vitz myself. I like the nice sound of the Flowmaster muffler, CAI and Turbo combined. I just drive up to 60 mph... no more; so hp are not relevant to me. Besides the faster you drive the more gasoline you burn and the more tickets you get ;) .

Anyway, thank you again for spending some time writing these DIY's. 5 stars for it!
Welcome to the site. Thank you.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #42
OgDogg
Gas Guzzler

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
If the guy's happy with the results, that's all that should matter, right?
I went with the AEM and it's my favorite mod to date.
OgDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #43
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgDogg View Post
I went with the AEM and it's my favorite mod to date.
How was the AEM install? Was it a semi-long 'short-ram' also? LOLOLOL
Old 12-09-2008, 01:11 AM   #44
puetato89
Just call me Ray, better?

Drives: 08 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to puetato89
R/Y.. would you like to help me put on mine since i live in orlando as well and yes i do know the thread is old

puetato89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #45
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Pavel,
Why are you taking somebody's decision to uselessly modify their car so personally? You are going about it all wrong...calling him/her childish etc. Let people do what they want....they don't need to explain it to you. They earn their own money and can spend it however they please. With that said, I do agree with you in regards to a CAI being a completely and totally useless modification on this car. $100 can better be spent IMHO but....I am not going to bad mouth or call somebody childish for doing what they want with their own money. I actually wouldn't be surprised if HP across the rev range was decreased due to placement of the filter. Toyota engineered the intake air horn for the best pressure zone.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #46
puetato89

+1 but thats probably why hes banned

Old 12-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #47
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by puetato89 View Post
R/Y.. would you like to help me put on mine since i live in orlando as well and yes i do know the thread is old

Well if you are offering women, cash or booze your chances improve by the minute.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #48
puetato89

maybe cash... and a shot of johny walker (red label) or tequela your choice (im poor plus a college student)... btw were haveing a little meet tonight if you want to come... call me if you want to join
321 948 5250

Old 03-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #49
THEBROWNSTONEKING

Drives: yaris
Send a message via MSN to THEBROWNSTONEKING
Thanks for the post man, not what I was looking for but definitly helps alot, I bought a filter but not the intake system, so I need to get the filter box out to install this performance filter in, can u help me thru this? the pics definitly helped aswell since I have a Yaris aswell
THEBROWNSTONEKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #50
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
it would be good if you can post a picture of what you have so we can understand better.

When you take out the white paper filter from the stock box, at the bottom you can see two screws, when you take them off, you can take off the whole stock filter box...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #51
Nakachi

Drives: My Vios
Thanks Cool DIY TIPS
Nakachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #52
oge90

tengo una pregunta y un problema que hace dias me esta calentando la cabeza ....instale el filtro conico con un adaptador para el maf y enciendo el motor y se detiene en un segundo y no entiendo porque
oge90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #53
oge90

porfavor ayudeneme
oge90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:34 AM   #54
268i

Drives: 06' Yaris 1.3l
Hi everyone,

I've tried installing a pod filter on my Yaris (1.3l auto) this weekend but have been having some problems.

I use a spectre 8705 MAF housing,a silicone pipe reducer from 3" to fit the yaris orginal pipe and basic 3" pod from local autoparts store.

I start the car up and it idles at around 2500rpm, few seconds later the rpm's drop until under 1000rpm and the car shakes and the engine turns off. (Feels a lot like stalling a manual) Happens in about 10 seconds.

At the beginning I thought it was a faulty pod (restricting air flow) and left just the pipe on without the pod but the same thing occurred. Trying a different MAF sensor from my other toyota but the same thing happened. MAF sensor is positioned almost the same position as it was with the airbox.

Anyone had this happen before?
268i is offline   Reply With Quote