Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
sybilsarmy

Drives: 2007 Hatchback
Did it come from under the car??

Hi!

I've got an '07 hatchback. This morning, I heard a clink and saw what looked like a hunk of white plastic flying down the road (it bounced in front of me first, oddly, AFTER the noise). I didn't get a great look at it, but it almost looked like the lid to one of those plug in air freshener refills.

The car ran fine during the rest of my drive to work, but that was only about 5 minutes. I'm not sure if I ran something over or if this was something that came off of my car. Is there anything that looks like white plastic that lives under there? I could be off on the material, that's just what it looked like bouncing down the highway.

A little paranoid about it. Many moons ago something similar happened to my Geo, and it wound up being a fan blade from the radiator.

Thanks!
sybilsarmy is offline   Reply With Quote