Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
munchkin

Drives: none yet
Checked out honda today for comparison..not impressed!!

Hey everyone!

So I am looking into leasing or buying a car soon, probably around June/July. I have always been pretty dead set on a Toyota. I really have no interest in other cars, except maybe the Honda Fit. So I decided to go to Honda today and my mom came along.

Well lets just say that we were really not impressed. I wanted to test drive a Fit and right away he asked me if I can drive standard, I said no I can only drive automatic. Well I guess he was not listening because he proceeded to pick out a standard for me to test. So I reminded him again and he apologized and went and got keys for an automatic one (which was the ONLY automatic Fit they had on the lot!!) So he says I will drive it out of the lot since its really busy and then you can take over. So as he is driving out some guy comes running over knocking on the window and proceeds to tell us that we cannot take out that car because he just sold it. Great. So I was not able to test drive. Plus the guy didnt seem to really know what he was doing. When he went to go get the pricing worked out, it took him like, 15 mins. When I was at toyota, we were never kept waiting that long.

I let him take me inside to discuss pricing anyways. He knew I was comparing to Toyota and he wanted me to have numbers to compare. So anyways he priced me a Fit LX which is not the most expensive model but the next one under, its one up from a base with air. Anyways...it was SOO EXPENSIVE. It was like $374 a month for 48 months with $1500 down. (for a lease) I can get a yaris RS with basically all the same stuff for under $300 monthly.

The Fit IS a nice car..the main difference I notice (or that i care about) is it seems to have a lot more cargo room. That is really the only thing. But after today Toyota is really looking good!!!
munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Don't rule out a vehicle based on a dealer, there are plenty of bad Toyota dealers to go around too. Make sure you make your decision based on the actual vehicle, because if all goes well you'll have nothing to do with the dealer after the sale anyways.

We bought a Yaris nearly 2 years ago for the same reason you just highlighted. A similarly equipped FIT was nearly 3000 more and the AT Fit does not have the same potential for fuel efficiency as the AT Yaris.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote