Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-29-2010, 12:53 AM   #37
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
80.5 was my best, with no cones

The car has a lot more in it, I have to learn to charge the corners harder now. That was really fun, good to see you T Sport!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:43 AM   #38
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

also SUPER nice of Lt Noogie to share driving with JustJesus -- Jesus' car didn't pass tech because of a bent rim.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:33 AM   #39
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
All I could muster up this time was an 86. Still a little worried about spinning someone else's car.

I'd like to thank a couple of people. Well, everyone for making out. My Pit Crew LOL.

Special thanks to GARM for being cool and letting me borrow his wheels (too bad the fit wasn't good). Thank you, sir.

Special thanks to LONG for not only letting me co-drive his ride, but for going the extra 2 miles (almost literally at El Toro) and getting a 2nd Tech card prior to them closing up...PRIOR TO ME EVEN ASKING HIM (to let me drive)!!! THANKS so much Long.

another good time at the event. I'm beat to hell though. SOOOOO freaking tired.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:43 AM   #40
justjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris T-Sport View Post
That was fun, what were your times? Garm, Long?
Hey, i was working the field when you ran your X-runs. Your car sounds HOT.

what kind of times did you post?
Old 03-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #41
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
This was definitely more exhilarating than Fontana. It's definitely worth the slightly longer drive.

And the schedule says we'll get to do it again first weekend of May (run order pending, but fingers crossed for afternoon runs)

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:16 AM   #42
justjesus

no way man. It was just a hop, skip, and a jump away! (about freakin time)
Old 03-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #43
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I prefer the morning schedule, but it's all good whenever they run us. I will be CSM from now on, so we probably won't run the same group. Maybe I can watch all you guys go by if I work your group, woooooo!!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #44
Yaris T-Sport
Nov 2006

Drives: Vitz S1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
All I could muster up this time was an 86. Still a little worried about spinning someone else's car.

I'd like to thank a couple of people. Well, everyone for making out. My Pit Crew LOL.

Special thanks to GARM for being cool and letting me borrow his wheels (too bad the fit wasn't good). Thank you, sir.

Special thanks to LONG for not only letting me co-drive his ride, but for going the extra 2 miles (almost literally at El Toro) and getting a 2nd Tech card prior to them closing up...PRIOR TO ME EVEN ASKING HIM (to let me drive)!!! THANKS so much Long.

Quote:
Hey, i was working the field when you ran your X-runs. Your car sounds HOT.

what kind of times did you post?
thanks, 86, that's fast, I do shake off some time every run but only managed 91 on my last x tun. I so regret on getting those cheap all season tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
80.5 was my best, with no cones

The car has a lot more in it, I have to learn to charge the corners harder now. That was really fun, good to see you T Sport!
80.5 is lighting quick for a YAIRS on that course, the stiff suspension, slicks, and turbo really pay off, I'm still waiting for the Nitto mid pipe from you
Cold Air Induction|Blitz SUS POWER Air Cleaner System|2.4L 2AZ-FE Throttle Body|Blitz Compressor System|Full Light weight pulley kit|GReddy Ti-C exhaust System|Blitz Throttle Controller|T/B Coolant Bypass + Gasket Trimmed|Weight deduction|Exhaust Manifold|Center pipe|PCV Bypassed
Yaris T-Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #45
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

thanks T sport -- I'm learning, I think the car can do better.

The whine of your supercharger going by was awesome.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #46
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Sounds like it was a great course, bummed I missed it - and my chance to test out the Corvette.

Nothing like jumping in to the SCCA Solo National Tour in San Diego in a few weeks in a car I have never driven.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:28 AM   #47
justjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Maybe I can watch all you guys go by if I work your group, woooooo!!
Maybe I'll get myself an exhaust....to wake you up! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris T-Sport View Post
I so regret on getting those cheap all season tyres.
I believe I've taken my all season Kumho ASTs to the max. I'm working on getting some real rubber for next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@SportsCar View Post
Sounds like it was a great course, bummed I missed it
My friend came up with me, and was regretting not taking his CRX. :)

Fellas...sorry for delay on pics/video. Not much was done this time, though, as I was a little not-so-happy about not passing tech. Kind of killed my mood. My friend got some pics, but, I'm not sure how much of the Yaris, as he left early for a dinner appointment (the group run was way late).
Old 04-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #48
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Quote:

It was my pleasure. I know I can't blame the car for being slow. Next time, if you have to drive my car, I'm making you run on 3 cylinders.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote