Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:20 PM   #55
fu_im_from_texas

Drives: Liftback
Send a message via AIM to fu_im_from_texas
Thumbs up please be consistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Actually, we received a complaint from a user on that thread.

You guys want to believe so badly that there is some huge moderator conspiracy here, don't you?
i dont believe in a conspiracy at all... i believe that as a moderator you have an extreemly tough job ...

Everyone has their own vision of what YW should be ... and its your job to determine what gets posted, and what doesnt...

personally, i dont want to see "i tried a new drug", "funny drunk driving stories", or "street racing" posts... but as a matter of free speech i think they should all be allowed...

what is the difference between an adult who choses to street race, drive drunk, or experiment with psychodelics?

.... users are complaining about drunk driving posts, should they be locked?

... users are complaning about drug posts, should they be locked?

... users are complaining about the street racing posts, should they be locked?

I dont have the answers to any of these questions... I'm asking that your answers be consistant...
Old 09-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #56
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I will generally close any thread that has nothing to do with the car and warrants an e-mail response from a fellow member. See that little "report post" button down there at the bottom left? Click it and it e-mails the moderators. Action is still at our discretion.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #57
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
hmm "slower traffic keep right" thats for vehicles traveling under the speed limit.

you got me on the keep right except to pass, which to me means in a 3 lane highway, everyone in the middle lane, and the fast lane are speeding and breaking the law, because everyone should be in the right most lane, doing the limit.
i do believe that the keep right except to pass is only for 2 lane situations. I know on the 2 lane highway I used to go on to get to school, it was one of those keep right except to pass and people do follow that. I have never seen that sign in a 3 lane road.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #58
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
I agreed with your comments until the last part....

the speed limit is just that the limit, if i choose to drive the limit in the "so called fast lane" what law am I breaking the limit, is the limit...I hate tailgators like yourself.
I don't tailgate,nice try. Tailgaters are dangerous also. Lots of highways clearly state to pull over for faster traffic. I will however change lanes and pass you when safe and zoom off into the sunset at 80mph till I hit the next pack of road nazis like yourself.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #59
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead6T5 View Post
I don't tailgate,nice try. Tailgaters are dangerous also. Lots of highways clearly state to pull over for faster traffic. I will however change lanes and pass you when safe and zoom off into the sunset at 80mph till I hit the next pack of road nazis like yourself.
Just a matter of time till you run into the cops...
Old 09-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #60
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Why would I take anything personally from someone I don't know? I could care less buddy. Glad you got it out, though.

Here is something to channel all that energy towards. I look forward to hearing the story of your ongoing crusade oh virtuous one.

http://www.streetsmartsusa.org/

For the record, I would have smoked the kid on a track too! Actually, I'm drunk right now. Maybe I should attend confessional tomorrow. I'm so ill-behaved. My Mom would be ashamed.
+1, but mostly for the drunk part LOL
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #61
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
nice run. I wish I could run into an incident like this. But most of the freeway is either heavily stop n stop go conjested or......its complete straight-a-ways, where any 1.8L will nail me down >_<

I agree that Yaris has no advantage over WRX but if the driver just has the money to buy buy....and no driving skills......he's toast w/ any car he runs against.

Just outta curiousity...at what speed did you drop it into 2nd? Might've missed it, too lazy~

Last edited by Kioshi; 09-17-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:55 AM   #62
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
We were probably going 45-50... just slow enough for third to be useless.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #63
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdium View Post
Just a matter of time till you run into the cops...
Oh knoes not teh LAWMAN. Radar detector FTMFW!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #64
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Good post Charles, I dont know what everyone is whining about... He told a story, if you dont like it dont read it and move on. jeez..

as far as the lane passing thing goes, on a 2 lane highway the left lane is for passing, and right lane is for travel, on a 3 lane highway the left 2 lanes are for passing.. the right lane is for travel. on a 4 lane, the right 2 are travel, left 2 are for passing.
this has NOTHING to do with speeding. in europe its illegal to pass on the right so everyone follows this law. here its not really enforced, but it is ANNOYING when people dont follow this.
I know for a fact that people have been pulled over by cops when they were driving in the left and and wouldnt get over for the cop.

DRIVE IN THE RIGHT LANE, if someone is going slower than you PASS THEM then get back into the right lane!! if there are many people going slower than you in the right lane stay in the left lane as long as you are passing people. thats what its there for. once you have passed people and its clear in the right lane, GET OVER. this is not a hard concept to grasp..

There will always be people going faster than you, its a fact of life. Concern YOURSELF with the speed limit and dont worry about the people breaking it, its their decision. If you are in the right lane they wont bug you as they will pass you on the left!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #65
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
It seems to be a hard concept for WA drivers, esp. when there are 3 lanes. I guess they think that they are faster if they drive in the left lane. There is a stretch of freeway I drive on a lot and the fastest lane is the far right lane because everyone else (except most large trucks) is in the middle and left lanes.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #66
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
...everyone else (except most large trucks) is in the middle and left lanes.
I know, I hate this. MOVE OVER TO THE RIGHT!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:34 AM   #67
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
It seems to be a hard concept for WA drivers, esp. when there are 3 lanes. I guess they think that they are faster if they drive in the left lane. There is a stretch of freeway I drive on a lot and the fastest lane is the far right lane because everyone else (except most large trucks) is in the middle and left lanes.
heh that's pretty much any highway here, people just spreaaaad out...

It brought a tear to my eye when I was on holiday, that on the highway, everyone drives at a decent speed, stays on the outside lane, and go back to the outside lane after overtaking... it's so simple!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 09-20-2007, 04:44 AM   #68
blueskana

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Where did you go?
Old 09-20-2007, 05:04 AM   #69
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskana View Post
Where did you go?
Home

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/blog.php?b=15

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 09-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #70
blueskana

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Cool
Old 05-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #71
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
ok cool, now lock it up. :)
Old 05-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #72
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
i can't believe that last post before this was 2007.

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
Closed Thread