Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #73
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
i have no problem w/ street racing threads, and i understand your nazi comment. however, you're a mod, this thread was started by you about street racing,and you want to let it go? come on. :P
Old 05-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #74
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
lol. why can't a mod start a topic about street racing? what exactly is the harm in that? are people looking up to the mods as role models? he just told a story anyway. he wasn't exactly endorsing street racing. and even if he was what does that really have to do with his status as a moderator on a website?

in fact, peterpoop weren't you the one running no catalytic converter? would that be less acceptable if you were a moderator?

i'm confused.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #75
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
WHY can't a mod start a topic like this? i think its self explanatory......

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9667

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
Old 05-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #76
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
WHY can't a mod start a topic like this? i think its self explanatory......

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9667
yeah but this thread was started way before that. i'm just wondering what all the crying was about back then. but it doesn't matter it was way before my time here. still i was always in agreement with not talking about religion or politics on the forums but censoring speech about street racing is just retarded. and, mind you, i don't even street race. i just don't see the harm in talking about it. people are gonna do it anyway. but whatever.

ha. plus how can you say it has no place amongst us law abiding citizens when people are constantly doing illegal modifications to their car and then posting about it? how's that any different?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #77
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
You know what I just realized? I hate this forum.
im the biggest offender of this topic and if i can't post then no one should be able to.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
Old 05-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #78
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
lol. why can't a mod start a topic about street racing? what exactly is the harm in that? are people looking up to the mods as role models? he just told a story anyway. he wasn't exactly endorsing street racing. and even if he was what does that really have to do with his status as a moderator on a website?

in fact, peterpoop weren't you the one running no catalytic converter? would that be less acceptable if you were a moderator?

i'm confused.
i have a hi-flow cat. slow down cowboy before you know the facts. the mods are suppose to lock or erase all threads that include street racing. i wish they didn't do that,but they do. i've had acouple threads locked/erased cuz of it. so like rockland said, if I can't do it, why should anyone else be able to do it? ESPECIALLY a mod.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #79
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laxyoaHOP1c
Old 05-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #80
Thej3sta2

Drives: Soon to be LFA
T-bagged the wrx niceeeeee
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #81
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
This thread is several years old, just revived from the dead...Deal people...

The whole banning of these types of topics was set into place a while ago, and there was a period where this was the most dead board on the whole forum, due to most of the things people would post were either one of the following: 1) Street Racing Threads 2) Anti Street Racing Threads 3) People complaining about another guy who "attempted to race them"

Rarely was a Yaris put on the track in the US/CAN...just because it just sounded silly until we got a whole mess of suspension mods on the market.

I mean really, was the thread locked, then re-opened? If thats the case, then something should be done to lock and delete it. Seeing only persons who can reopen a locked thread are moderators.

If it was just sitting here burried under pages after pages of threads, its no different than someone finding a Performance mod thread that dates back to 2007 and reviving it.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #82
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
i have a hi-flow cat. slow down cowboy before you know the facts. the mods are suppose to lock or erase all threads that include street racing. i wish they didn't do that,but they do. i've had acouple threads locked/erased cuz of it. so like rockland said, if I can't do it, why should anyone else be able to do it? ESPECIALLY a mod.
i think peterpoop and rockland share a timeshare together and hold hands on the beach, listening to air supply on the same set of earbuds on their ipod video..

cry us a river kids.

the post was made before street racing was disallowed on yarisworld and was only bumped to make the point that chino and the wrx dude are now friends. i find that pretty entertaining, street racing aside.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Closed Thread