Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
m19013
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 2 door hatch
Exclamation Oil seal issue....looking for input and HELP!

I am a happy owner of a 2007 hatchback with 89000 miles on it. I recently took my car in for its regular 90K maintenance at the dealership (I have been following the maintenance book religiously!) and I was informed that the metal seal that separates the crank case interior and the cap where oil is added directly to the crank case was broken. This jagged metal piece is hanging very loosely above the interior of the engine below the threads of the cap. I was quoted a price of about $450.00 to have the matter fixed. I asked the technician how this happened; he explained to me that this could only have happened as a result of a botched oil change.... I am the original owner of the car and I've only ever had the oil changed at a Toyota dealership. The dealership has promised to "make this right" but my warranty is long expired and I have a feeling the dealership won't cover the entire cost - they asked me when I left what I thought was "fair"... Has anyone ever experienced this problem? Thanks!!

I'll post a pic of the damage when I have a chance......
m19013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crank case, engine, oil change, oil seal