Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
rye7jen

Drives: 2nz-fe '10
Purchased a 2010 Yaris Sedan

Got 2010 Yaris Sedan a week ago and happy for the purchase and I already knew this site since the purchase. Really impressed with the posts here especially the mods and everything and gained knowledge for the stuff and parts that I didn't knew before. Well I know a lot of members are asking about the sound system, and I hope this doesn't annoy anyone. Can anyone help me or maybe send or post a diagram of setting-up a nice but budgeted sound system. I still got the stock HU and planning to buy a new one (maybe Pioneer). Since I'm in tight budget, and can't decide yet if when could I buy new speakers, amps and subs. I just want to have an idea on how to create an enhanced sound system step-by-step (From HU to Power, to AMP, to tweet, mid, and SUB,, etc.).

- Ryan
rye7jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
adamsstpeeps

Drives: 2010 Blue Yaris Sedan
We just got our 2010 Yaris yesterday! We like it alot. Before we bought it we went to Honda as well-- they tried to sell us a sporty car-- But the Yaris was a better fit for us. We like the safety features, the size of the car (we live downtown, so for parking), the feel of driving. The Honda dealer said the yaris did not have enough pep--- but we loved driving the Yaris on the highway and it had plenty of pep! We only have about 22 of the 78 miles down on the Yaris.... but we LOVE it so far! Nice forums.
adamsstpeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsstpeeps View Post
We just got our 2010 Yaris yesterday! We like it alot. Before we bought it we went to Honda as well-- they tried to sell us a sporty car-- But the Yaris was a better fit for us. We like the safety features, the size of the car (we live downtown, so for parking), the feel of driving. The Honda dealer said the yaris did not have enough pep--- but we loved driving the Yaris on the highway and it had plenty of pep! We only have about 22 of the 78 miles down on the Yaris.... but we LOVE it so far! Nice forums.

yaris pep ? was he comparing it to the Fit ?

A Yaris 1.5 will beat a Fit in a drag. Yaris has more torque. Yaris gets up on the highway a bit quicker than a Fit.
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
congrats to both . YARIS is peppy enough .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
adamsstpeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
congrats to both . YARIS is peppy enough .
I agree. I truly love our yaris. our friends reactions have been mixed. One big complaint is where the odometer and such are located. I actually have really grown to like it on the middle of dash.... makes it really easy for mirror checks. It drives like a dream on the highway.... it has a lot of pep, the honda dealer was wrong. We test drove a Fit-- but found it way too flashy!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
would like the center display to be slighty angled more towards driver . Otherwise not all that difficult to adapt to . CONSUMER REPORTS dislikes it . What the h*ll do they know . They find fault with ride , noise , climate control knobs hard to distinguish , uncomfortable seats , etc.. They're getting very nitpicky . This is in MARCH issue of 2010 .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
I think I read a write-up (not sure, but I think it may have been Consumer Reports) on the Yaris before I bought mine (8/09) that stated "there was only 1 cupholder and it was difficult to reach from the driver's seat".

I get my Yarii, and I'm like, what were they thinking? Did they not see the sections of the dash that pop out at you? Or that there is the bottle holder in the doors?

Not all reviewers of cars know what they are talking about.

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
eht13

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilGirl View Post
Not all reviewers of cars know what they are talking about.
Very true, and very annoying. I think a lot of them do not actually drive all the cars they review... in this case, they apparently didn't sit in it either, or not for more than 5 seconds. It's especially uncool given how many customers really let these publications influence their buying decisions. Also, Consumer Reports is especially annoying, because it seems like they are biased... and once they've made up their mind about something, whether good or bad, they won't change it in the future.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #9
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
congratulations!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #10
adamsstpeeps

We LOVe are Yaris! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

First of all (my major concern when getting a car): driving in the snow. For a small car it handles greeeeeeaaaaaaat! WOW. with the traction control it is amazing. I haven't fish tailed once. and WOW we were driving in the snow and came to a light. When the light turned green we started again and were on our way instantly! The car next to us had a lot of trouble and started to fishtail a bit.

It is a small car that really has a lot of pick up on the highway.

I LOVE the cupholders!! so awesome.

I love the dashboard-- I really do like where the speedometer and such are located. It was a bit odd at first (being in the middle of the dash). But I got used to it and really liked it instantly.....

Every day I discover something else I really like about it!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:09 AM   #11
rye7jen

Drives: 2nz-fe '10
Thanks DandiDani/Hershey.

I agree with adam. Speaking of discovering.. I haven't notice the glove box infront of the driver seat beside the steering wheel until my wife ask me if that portion can be opened. And so I did and was really surprise! lol! Well, it's really helpful cause I'm putting my cellphone and wallet into it cause before, I used to put my cellphone underneath the HU (has a small space) and everytime I'm receiving a call then the frequencies just kinda mixed up. So now that small glove compartment box was a rescue!

Btw, I'm living in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia so snow is really not to worry, but man when summer hits, it's like your living in hell because of the temperature.

Advantage here is I'm just spending $4.00 for a full-tank. yipee!!!
Then maybe you'll ask me why did I bought a gas-efficient-car if gas here is cheap?
Just told you, I'm in a tight budget! LOL!
rye7jen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, new to forum, sound