Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #19
ecampos

Drives: 2017 Toyota Yaris S XP-150
I did some research on this issue because I was a little concerned about the throttle response in my car, its also drive by wire.

The ECU will not let the car go full throttle, it will only operate within a established rate which it thinks its "safe" to extend engine life, this in some cases can be as low as 75% throttle max.

And yes, also there is some miliseconds of lag when you push the gas pedal, its normal as well.

Things you can do to try to help it, reset ECU by unplugging negative end on the battery for a few minutes, it will respond better for a while. Clean the throttle body and MAF sensor as well as the air intake system with a cleaner for such purposes.

What I end up doing was getting a throttle controller for my car, there are many brands available. The one I bought called "Pedal Commander", it has certainly improved pedal response and it comes with several driving modes. Worth it if you ask me.

Hope this information was useful!
Old 05-20-2017, 09:02 PM   #20
Cartel

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch is sold
Angry

I noticed this on my car also.
80% totally sucks ass.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote