Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #91
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
The badge is cool, but the Mopar flags on the walls steal the show...

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:11 PM   #92
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
The badge is cool, but the Mopar flags on the walls steal the show...
Haha there's more that you can't see in the picture. Plus the Cirrus and Neon... uhh... neon lights ! I have some subaru big eye rally car promo board things too from a subaru dealer that I guess closed down.

I've been trying to find some toyota stuff but haven't had any luck.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:46 AM   #93
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

So yeah, we had a freak hail storm out here. The stuff was darn near 2 inches in diameter. So my silver Yaris, my Scion xA I just got, and my wife's blue Yaris are trashed. No windows broke, fortunately. However, the bodies are trashed... I have a feeling the insurance will most likely total the Scion and possibly the other two as well. What a bummer... none of these cars really had any dings of any kind on them until now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scion.jpg (236.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg blue.jpg (364.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg silver.jpg (444.9 KB, 65 views)
Old 05-17-2017, 01:47 AM   #94
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

What really upsets me is my car is my livelihood... so with it being all screwed up I'm in trouble because I really can't work. And the xA was my backup in case of a problem and it's trashed, too. Ugh.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:33 AM   #95
CincyC6

Drives: 2008 / 2011 / 2012 Yaris
Omg, that's insane man. I hope it works out for you favorably.
CincyC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:31 AM   #96
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Sorry to see this. Good luck.
NYC-SE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #97
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

I'll know more Thursday when the insurance person is here. I've already started going around to different places for paintless dent removal quotes. Hopefully I can have it done for less than the insurance payment so it can help mare up for lost time. But for all I know they'll declare all 3 cars as total losses.

At least the new Yaris was in the garage. If that was outside too, I'd be in tears for sure.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #98
ern-diz

Definitely sorry to hear that. Just crazy. I hope you're livelihood isn't impacted too badly and that it all works out for the best.

On Wheelwell
Old 05-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #99
Captain Yaris

Drives: 2016 Yaris 3 Dr Super White
Sorry man, I hope you get paid for it to be fixed and then some.
Captain Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:24 PM   #100
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

So the blue and silver Yarii suffered about $4500 worth of damages each. Of course, because they're financed the insurance company won't pay us directly so that sucks because I wanted to take them to some of the cash only body work places that do good work for cheap.

As for the Scion, they declared it a total loss. They're offering me $1998 (yes, really) for it which is bull. I told them to find me another 2006 Toyota product that's 4 doors and good on fuel with no problems for that kind of money and they said they had no comparable units found on their computer. So that isn't going to fly and I'm sure I'm in for an unpleasant fight about it. The buyback was almost $1300 on it too, which is stupid. I can't get it to look okay again for $700 especially since some of the hail dents on it actually cracked the paint so it's definitely in need of a lot of body work.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:01 AM   #101
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Okay, so an update. I found a body shop that is willing to pretty much just discount us our deductibles so that way we have a very minimal out of pocket cost for fixing the two Yarii which is nice since I'd be bringing them both cars (and they're set to make a very good amount of money from it). As for the Scion, I'm still arguing with them about the value but the idiot adjuster that was here told me the wrong information about the buyback amount. It turns out that the buyback is $600 and change so that's way better than the almost $1300 he told me. If I can convince them to give me a bit more and keep the car, I'll go buy the paintless dent removal tools and attempt to fix the Scion a bit myself. Since it's supposed to be the backup Uber car, I need to try to get most of the damage out so I can use it for work. If anything, it still runs great so at least if I keep it I can sell it to someone needing a cheap car to get to work versus it ending up in the junkyard if the insurance company takes it especially since I just put new rear wheel bearings in and it recently had new brakes front and rear.

Speaking of wheel bearing, I tried to change the front one and that damn retainer clip thing wouldn't budge. I took the knuckle to pep boys and they torched, air hammered, and beat it senseless and it still wouldn't let go... so off to the junkyard tomorrow to just get a used knuckle with hopefully a good wheel bearing in it. I can't believe how awful that clip got rusted in and seized.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:36 PM   #102
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Okay, another update. Scion is written off. I got to keep it and they gave me $1503. These odd numbers of their's... I don't get it... but it was an extra 300ish dollars over what they originally said. So that's over and done with now. Hopefully the various shops out here will have time to get the Yarii fixed.

Also with the Scion, I just bought a used knuckle with a good wheel bearing. So it's back on the road and functional again.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:40 PM   #103
ern-diz

Thumbs up for progress

On Wheelwell