Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-11-2007, 12:45 AM   #1
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
A Video On Why You Should Not Street Race Or Speed

i posted this in Punch's thread, but i think this is important enough to have it's own thread. if you can watch this and feel nothing, i feel sorry for you.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/555065...arning_advert/
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:50 AM   #2
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
dang. but that's so true.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:01 AM   #3
cdmyaris

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
at first... i was like what the fuck going on... then later.... god... so sad and true... Speeding = Death...
Old 09-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
loafer650

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
obviously that honda didnt have good suspension....
loafer650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
I don't condone street racing. Speed alone does not kill. Its when you throw reckless, tailgating, weaving, drunken idiots into the mix that gets people dead.

And its not just the imports: its jacked up pickup trucks, mommy minivans, and 'muscle' cars.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

true, but speeding also puts people in risk. it's easier to lose control of a vehicle at a higher rate of speed.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:17 AM   #7
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
true, but speeding also puts people in risk. it's easier to lose control of a vehicle at a higher rate of speed.

On that same note the faster the speed the less chance or decreased time to react. Even if you do its with devastating results. SUV's are prone to more damage to other cars because of the higher center of gravity (tipping over, larger mass) and GENERALLY the mom or woman who is yapping on the phone going 80mph, I see men do it too. Okay somewhat of an exageration but you get the point. I'm not saying SUVs are the only ones get in accidents, any car can but...you know the culprits.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 AM   #8
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
wow that is one powerful video. it was like short but right to the point. I gotta admit i'd usually go 5-10 over but i always give enough space to people in front of me and only change lanes when i'm 100% sure no one is there.
me too. it's too bad that there are moronic drivers here in Sac, that do not clear themselves or force you out of your lane. seriously! it's horrible here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000 View Post
On that same note the faster the speed the less chance or decreased time to react. Even if you do its with devastating results. SUV's are prone to more damage to other cars because of the higher center of gravity (tipping over, larger mass) and GENERALLY the mom or woman who is yapping on the phone going 80mph, I see men do it too. Okay somewhat of an exageration but you get the point. I'm not saying SUVs are the only ones get in accidents, any car can but...you know the culprits.
yes, true that. also braking will take longer distances with increased speeds. more worse, those drivers that "get hyphy" while driving on the freeway!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #9
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
wow that is one powerful video. it was like short but right to the point. I gotta admit i'd usually go 5-10 over but i always give enough space to people in front of me and only change lanes when i'm 100% sure no one is there.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:41 AM   #10
sherryberry

Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
speaking of brakes, it also makes a BIG difference the type of vehicle you're driving. In the yaris, I could stop decently fast but if I'm driving my dad's van, I know that i have to start stopping much earlier when i am coming up to a light. And trucks.. yeah those things just take forever to stop... which is why it freaked me out one time when I saw this truck going faster than me (and I was going 60) and changing lanes like crazy.. I was glad nothing happened that I saw anyway.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:00 AM   #11
Kaotic Lazagna

yup, the more mass (typically) something has, the longer it'll take for that thing to stop or go.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #12
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Sad video. Worst part is...you see more of that in America, especially Cali then other places. Gotta agree w/ you Kaotic, hate those hyphy people bouncin in their cars on the freeway or streets. I almost got hit when some stupid high school teens cut me off while my mom was in the car....There's too many of em here. Stupid pick-up truck drivers tailgate me because my car doesnt have the hp, there truck does, and then...they mug me w/ their ugly face, wtf is that all about.

I mean if your gonna speed, do it so people are away from you, so you injure yourself in the cause of it, not during rush hour.

Its a sad....sad world. I think moron speeders should all live in China and ride bicycles .
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #13
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
Sad video. Worst part is...you see more of that in America, especially Cali then other places. Gotta agree w/ you Kaotic, hate those hyphy people bouncin in their cars on the freeway or streets. I almost got hit when some stupid high school teens cut me off while my mom was in the car....There's too many of em here. Stupid pick-up truck drivers tailgate me because my car doesnt have the hp, there truck does, and then...they mug me w/ their ugly face, wtf is that all about.

I mean if your gonna speed, do it so people are away from you, so you injure yourself in the cause of it, not during rush hour.

Its a sad....sad world. I think moron speeders should all live in China and ride bicycles .

you know what i do when people tailgate me? i go even slower to piss them off. shoot, if you're going to tailgate me, don't think i'm not going to do anything about it.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #14
sherryberry

yesterday, I was driving on the right side of the road to let faster people by and then i look in my rearview mirror and watch as this idiot guy in a Honda almost rear ends me. He got sooo close. and we're both movin at this point.. he tailgated me for a while and finally got to the other side.. with barely a few inches to spare from my arse... *sigh* and I was even on the right side.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #15
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
yesterday, I was driving on the right side of the road to let faster people by and then i look in my rearview mirror and watch as this idiot guy in a Honda almost rear ends me. He got sooo close. and we're both movin at this point.. he tailgated me for a while and finally got to the other side.. with barely a few inches to spare from my arse... *sigh* and I was even on the right side.
here's my saying (in a ghetto voice), "don't speed up for nobody." hahaha, seriously, don't waste your gas on those ignorant people.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #16
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

People do that...its stupid. Why dont they just switch lanes like 10 secs before coming close to you rear end.....
Did he have high beams on too? People in Mid-Cal are notorious for doing that, must be all blind if they cant see w/ regular headlights >_>
Old 09-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #17
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
People do that...its stupid. Why dont they just switch lanes like 10 secs before coming close to you rear end.....
Did he have high beams on too? People in Mid-Cal are notorious for doing that, must be all blind if they cant see w/ regular headlights >_>
ha yea i hate it when people high beam you...problem is that I'm the one going faster than the person in back of me and i still get highbeamed sometimes. Sorry but I have to admit that I've done both of what Kioshi and sherryberry have talked about. Yea shame on me but I haven't driven for two weeks so that's good for the community ><
Old 09-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #18
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
Sorry but I have to admit that I've done both of what Kioshi and sherryberry have talked about. Yea shame on me but I haven't driven for two weeks so that's good for the community ><
I'll place my bets that Kaotic has done it too, I know I have, but I make sure theres no heavy traffic or the person wont have a heart attack....ie:old lady, maternal mother, etc.