Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #55
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by walt101786 View Post
haha, the 300k miles guys, yes i've heard of him and which up to now i still dont know his name lol, anyways i have 07 HB with 80k miles on mine...nothing major so far for mine, i only did regular things, like oil change, tire rotation/getting a new sets, transmission oil change, and just resurface my brake disc and drums....and i havent changed my brake pads lol which i have to say i am very impress that im still have like 40% life of my brake pads every since i got my 07 HB new lol....but the only thing that i need to fix is my AC hose and need to recharge my AC fluids, thats all i have to do and all in all, everything is still in good shape :D
His Yarisworld name is trini_per4mance and his YouTube name is triniper4mance. As of a month ago he posted in his comments on YouTube (answering a question) that he has 472,000 miles on his Yaris. He is the original owner.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #56
winston856

Drives: 2007 Yaris S AT Sedan
I've got a 2007 S sedan and it's clocked over 115k as of now and the only thing wrong is the A/C compressor does not function.

Other than that everything's great, still on OEM pads which still stop great but I can tell are starting to get the early stages of warping.

I just make sure to change the oil/filter and air filter every 5k and that's it.

I've had it in my possession for a year now but my wife has owned it for at least 3+ years before I met her. Car gets 40+ MPG on the highway and has been averaging at least 36MPG at the lowest over the last few months.
winston856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #57
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
As far as reliability and cost of ownership goes you can't go wrong with a Yaris. I'm on my second Yaris. The first one I wrecked, that one was an 07 LB 5 speed. Never had an issues, never left me stuck anywhere and always started, even in the coldest of winters here in MD. I only had to repalce the battery. Mileage on it was about 78K when I wrecked.

I have an 10 Sedan AT, no issues yet. Hopefully this one is as reliable as my LB.

Stya on top of regualr oil changes and you should be good, theses cars are pretty much gas and go. This is probably one of the most reliable cars I've had.
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #58
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
I have had the car for 4 years, 45k miles and I have no plans on selling it. The battery needed replacement but that was due to a faulty after market mileage guage. The right front power window has developed a weird sound but works fine fingers crossed. Years ago I had a few Civic wagons that were very reliable and I'm hoping in another 4 years i'll be saying the same about this Yaris.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #59
Solid T D

Drives: 08 3dr Yaris S"arah"
2008 Hatch "S" @ 37000 since 12/08. I've been REALLY hard on her, but she's a soldier and won't quit. I've only had to deal with maintenance and the occasional modding.

Only issues that I've had:
Radio wouldn't shut off after I shut the car off. (I would leave my power inverter in the cigarette plug; I guess it would feed,reminiscent, power to the radio. (no inverter, always shuts off)
Intermittent issue:
The car doesn't seem to want to start, when I turn the key. Starter turns, but the engine doesn't turn over. She starts up after the initial scare, so I haven't been able to replicate it, so it's seems random. (hot, cold temp; cold, warm starts. I can't figure out whats wrong with her. Coils? I dun kno)
Solid T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #60
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
I think if you do your oil changes regularly and make sure it is serviced at the recommended intervals then your chances for the car being very reliable are better than most other cars out there.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #61
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
Mine has 6500 miles on it and still running strong! lol. someday I hope to see it break 100k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #62
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
Mine has 6500 miles on it and still running strong! lol. someday I hope to see it break 100k.
Wow. If the Yaris is your only car, you have more willpower re staying away from driving than I could ever muster...unless the entire U.S. adopts a miles driven based tax.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #63
nookandcrannycar

I was just clicking through the slideshow at the top of the msn.com homepage
and one of the 8 tiles/subjects really caught my eye, namely "Will your car break the 300,000 mile barrier". I clicked to the linked slideshow and then through the slideshow. They commented on 12 cars. One of them was the Yaris, and the blurb was one of the most complimentary blurbs I've read re the Yaris. The URL for the Yaris tile in this slideshow is -- http://editorial.autos.msn.com/can-t...d=autos_3339#8
Old 02-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #64
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
I was just clicking through the slideshow at the top of the msn.com homepage
and one of the 8 tiles/subjects really caught my eye, namely "Will your car break the 300,000 mile barrier". I clicked to the linked slideshow and then through the slideshow. They commented on 12 cars. One of them was the Yaris, and the blurb was one of the most complimentary blurbs I've read re the Yaris. The URL for the Yaris tile in this slideshow is -- http://editorial.autos.msn.com/can-t...d=autos_3339#8
P.S. - I clicked on the URL link I created. It didn't work. Then I noticed that I had the Yaris tile from the slideshow open in another window. I then closed that window. I then tried the link again and it worked! So...if it doesn't work at first...try again later.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #65
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Damages:Cracked windshield, 2 flat tires, and just this year my brother reversed into the side of it. Apart from that nothing has gone wrong
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #66
Sir A.Y. Atoyot

Drives: '08 5-door
Car was a short term lease return when we bought it - literally like new. Had a couple of flat tires early on from picking up nails - fixed on warranty. Absolutely nothing else has ever gone wrong - not so much as a burned out bulb. (The car is pretty gently used - only 75000 km.)
Sir A.Y. Atoyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #67
ThomasOkken

Drives: 2007 Yaris 2D LB 5sp man
I have a 2007 2-door liftback, bought new, currently at 102,500 miles. The first set of tires lasted 75,000 miles. I have had two issues with it: the voltage sensor failed once and was replaced (found out later that it probably only needed to be cleaned and re-sealed), and had glazed front brake rotors (which usually means operator error but I can't imagine where or when I would have ever overheated the brakes, driving in NJ and NYC). Also, after the rotor replacement there was slight squeaking and vibration at certain speeds.
In all, the car is near perfect, but I am thinking of getting it serviced elsewhere!

I'm getting about 38 mpg, which is better than the EPA rating of 32 mpg, but not as good as the 40+ I got out of the 2000 Civic DX I drove before. Then again, the Yaris' engine seems to have a much wider power band (same HP), and combined with the great suspension and steering, it encourages a fuel-inefficient driving style. :-)
ThomasOkken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #68
ThomasOkken

Drives: 2007 Yaris 2D LB 5sp man
Oh, forgot one issue: seized caliper pins in the front right brake and resulting rotor damage. So that's two brake issues (one of which presumably my fault), three if you count the squeak/vibration issue, though that one is not the car's fault but the dealer's.
ThomasOkken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:40 AM   #69
jangvt

Drives: 2012 yaris
i have 2012 yaris se with 30k miles so far i kinda want to add a turbo to it for more power
jangvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:13 AM   #70
09cptn

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
We have a 2010 sedan with nearly 123,000 miles. So far, all I have replaced are fluids, one accessory drive belt, spark plugs, and 1 battery. Very trouble-free car. We have road-tripped it from VA to NY, VA to KY, VA to CA when we moved, and Los Angeles to Seattle. I am sure it has 100K+ more miles in it, but I'm not sure how many we will see. I really want a convertible.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:28 AM   #71
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
Bought mine 2007 Yaris 2SZFE five years back with 37,000 miles.
I am now on 87,000 miles.

Over those five years I had to:
- change spark plugs twice (once after I bought it and second time just recently. I did not have to but I wanted to)
- change bulbs twice
- replace a few malfunctioning LED in the dashboard
- change brake fluid twice
- change coolant once
- change water pump once
- buy tires (winter, summer) several times
- change gearbox oil
- change engine oil + filter numerous times
- change front brake pads and rotors once
- change battery once
- fix blocked rear right door lock
- replace ABS sensor for rear right wheel
- clean MAF sensor once (engine was coughing when idling)
- replace air filter a few times (living in a dusty area near stone quarry)
- fix rear window heating
- change wiper blades several times
- change front wheel bearings
- every year AC system cleaning and adding a few tens of AC coolant

And what I see ahead:

- my exhaust (still original) started to rattle in low rpm, Seems like internal part is no longer in its place. Will replace it during spring. Hopefully it will last till spring.
- the testbed shows my rear shocks are almost gone, so are the front ones. Will change them once the winter is gone if there is some spare cash.
- my clutch is very stiff. Not going to do anything about it as long as it does not slip.

I do not think that the Yaris is nearly-maintenance-free car.
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #72
DiCaprio
Just a Gaijin

Drives: 2006 Yaris 4 door 1.3l
I have a 2006 Yaris. Owned it for 15 months and drove about 16.000 miles

Regular maintenance:
- two oil changes
- oil filter
- air filter change
- brake fluid change
- coolant change

Faulty Parts:
- leaking waterpump
- pulley bearing
- loose windows

I feel bad for this car because I believe my racing and off-roading made it fall apart.
The waterpump was leaking and the screws that hold the windows tight came loose,
probably because of extensive vibration (off-roading). I guess that's what I get.
Oh yeah the car needs to pass TÜV Inspection this Friday, so wish my luck haha.

Last edited by DiCaprio; 12-06-2017 at 06:08 PM.
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote