Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Items fixed at dealership

So I turned my LB in to the dealer's with the following complaints:

A/C not blowing cold
Rattle when in reverse (cable loose)
Disable seatbelt buzzing
Airbag light not on when passenger weighing 99 lbs. in seat
"sulfur smell" (not really -- but thought I might as well do it now)
Ticking noise coming from windshield (truly hear it)

Two days later, they fixed it as follows:

Replaced broken O ring in A/C. Apparently it was leaking refrigerant. It tested at 41 degrees F before fixing, and at 36 Degrees F after the fix. Blows cold now. I asked how could this happen at the factory and was told it might have been overtightened.....don't know......anyone experience this?

They clamped on the cable underneath the car to take care of the rattle.

Thankful that they disabled the irritating seat belt-bomb-about-to-explode beeping. I can live without that.

The airbag light not coming on with a 99 pound passenger they were not able to fix. They even put their OBDII reader on it (an OBD cable hooked directly to a windows based notebook). Pretty interesting as I got to see the sensors output in KG the weight on the passenger (whom I brought with me) at the different various sensors in the seat registering in the program on the laptop. Man, would I like to have that piece of software! Anyway, they said it would not be a problem since the seatbelt would most likely go off in time of accident (???). Just chalk that one up.

Ticking noise they fixed. Don't hear it anymore.

The Cat. Converter is on order.

All was done cheerfully by my dealership.

When I came in there with a stack of printed out TSB's and told them what I needed done, the guy told me "you are not the typical customer." I told him, no, "I am a member of Yarisworld.com" LOL!!!
jlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
Sinaz

Drives: 07 Liftback
I don't understand the seatbelt alarm thing... do you drive often without the seatbelt on? I live in Los Angeles, too, and I can't imagine driving more than the 15 feet out of my driveway without a seatbelt on considering all the crazies that are on the road (and the law).
Sinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
jlift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaz View Post
I don't understand the seatbelt alarm thing... do you drive often without the seatbelt on? I live in Los Angeles, too, and I can't imagine driving more than the 15 feet out of my driveway without a seatbelt on considering all the crazies that are on the road (and the law).
Well, I do normally wear the seatbelt, but for extremely shorts distances such as moving the car from street to driveway, etc. I don't want to be a victim of that irritating noise. The point, for me, was that I don't want any kind of extremely irritating noise "reminding" me to fasten my seatbelt. And besides, the owner's manual states that if you don't want the sound, the dealership will disable it for you. Now, however, It does beep if the seatbelt is not fastened when the engine is started, but not for more than 5 beeps and that is sounded right away. That is acceptable and I can live with it. I think that most cars have that kind of "warning" but I think most car manufacturers have kind of gone "crazy" with the warnings. Everyday you see more rules, warnings, etc. etc. I was just in the pharmacy picking up a prescription yesterday after I picked up my Yaris (I also am in Los Angeles County) and would you believe that there was a sign about 8 feet back from the pick up counter that stated "please do not move past this sign due to federal privacy laws" or something to that effect. I guess now they don't want you to stand directly behind the person in front of you to hear and see what kind of prescription they are picking up....just another useless "rule" in my book.

Besides, I always like to question authority and don't accept things just because that's the way it is.... .
Old 05-23-2007, 02:10 PM   #4
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
why didn't you have them do the winshield washer nozzle tsb?????

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
Sinaz

Drives: 07 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlift View Post
Well, I do normally wear the seatbelt...
Well... so long as you are actually wearing your seatbelt.

I guess I just feel comforted that maybe Toyota actually cares about my safety :P .
Sinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #6
jlift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
why didn't you have them do the winshield washer nozzle tsb?????
Well, that's a good one. I slipped up, I guess. I have never used the windshield washer nozzles yet, so I will try them out when I get home and if they are off center, I will just have them do it when they get my Cat. Converter in stock. Thanks for the reminder. That's what I like about this forum, everyone helps each other. You weren't being facetious, were you? Anyway, thanks alot.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
NOT AT ALL!!! ITS A TSB.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #8
the_boss

Drives: 07 YARIS HATCH 5 DOOR
Send a message via MSN to the_boss
where can I find all the TSB for yaris HB???
the_boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #9
jlift

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_boss View Post
where can I find all the TSB for yaris HB???
search this newsgroup for "TSB"
Old 05-28-2007, 11:41 PM   #10
Schmingie

Drives: 06 Yaris LE 5dr
I had the washer nozzle tsb done last week as the passenger washer spray was way too low. They actually replaced the washer nozzle and the right hand cowl ( black plastic piece the nozzle mounts to). This also solved the poor fit of the original cowl. Killed 2 problems at once at no charge. I would highly recommend having this done as the nozzles are not adjustable.

S.
Schmingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:12 AM   #11
jlift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmingie View Post
I had the washer nozzle tsb done last week as the passenger washer spray was way too low. They actually replaced the washer nozzle and the right hand cowl ( black plastic piece the nozzle mounts to). This also solved the poor fit of the original cowl. Killed 2 problems at once at no charge. I would highly recommend having this done as the nozzles are not adjustable.

S.
Do you know where I can find this TSB or give me a link or a TSB number? Might as well get this done.

Thanks.