Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
Input needed

I got the Borla/US TRD axel-back and I was thinkin' of either havin' it rerouted to or gettin' a complete custom center exit system, like I've wanted for the LONGEST time(thanks Kaotic). I love the sound of my current system, and I would think it's be simpiler to hook up as everythings basically there, 'cept the extra pipin'. My origdnal plan was to have a dual output tip but do/would I have the lines to pull off just a single oval(like the one that comes on the TRD)tip?

suggestions always welcome
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
Qmobile

anybody got any comment? or input?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
IMO you should probably sell the borla and have an exhaust shop just fab up a center exit axelback for you. I am pretty sure the borla probably wasn't cheap.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:53 AM   #4
staypuft
aka SDMF

Drives: 07 LB Met Met
Send a message via AIM to staypuft
save your money and slam that yarii

follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/samuryan_x
staypuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
Qmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXDEMON View Post
IMO you should probably sell the borla and have an exhaust shop just fab up a center exit axelback for you. I am pretty sure the borla probably wasn't cheap.
no the TRD system wasn't but it sound cool

Old 04-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #6
Qmobile

so I've got a couple of idea's either go from the bend over the axel and run no muffler or pishin' back the muffler and runnin it like that with I'm thinkin' this tip: http://static.summitracing.com/globa...-95-9904_w.jpg anybody have any experance with pacesetter tips?

Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
LOL, welcome for the center-exit idea. LOL.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the yellow accents on all of their tips.

I'm not sure how big the Borla muffler is, but you can have a shop cut the tip off, and some how attach it to this location and just run some extra piping (if the muffler fits in this location).

Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:00 AM   #8
Qmobile

the TRD one is a lil bigger/wider than the stocker. I could always paint the accents I geuss black. But your pic there is basically what I waws thinkin'. Yep I still have your pre-hack pics here on my cimputer that I use for a bit of a example

Last edited by Qmobile; 04-20-2009 at 10:49 AM.