Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #19
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
How does it sound like?
is that hte sound u hear when u turn off teh engine..click..click..click under the car..maybe the exhaust?

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #20
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
There are many different kinds of rattles. Individual car owners may experience one or more types in different situations. I am glad that I do not have excessive rattles in my car this far so I have little to describe to you.
For your reading pleasure:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=car+ra...ient=firefox-a

NB: I am not recommending that you read everything listed in the search results pages. I have not. There are usual risks associated with surfing the internet as everyone will probably know.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #21
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretsuaz View Post
It seems to be worse in the morning, when the dash is cold. And diminishes once the sun warms it up.

Yeah, I've noticed in the last few months that when its cold out, esp in the morning to work, or home after work at the end of the day, that there is a slight noise often... Not so much a 'rattle' as maybe 'creeking'? The sound I find hard to describe. Its not loud at all, but its present and I'm aware of it... kinda bothers me, but only to a small degree. Only seems to occur when its cold out, never noticed it before all spring, summer, fall and the first 1/2 of winter when our weather wasnt so cold as it is now.

Wasnt sure if I should bother mentioning it or not to my dealership.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:07 PM   #22
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
yea i got a rattle too. In the rear panel. Makes it kinda hard to hear the bass from the trunk......hmmmmmmmmm

lol
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #23
Bretsuaz

Drives: Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar View Post
Yeah, I've noticed in the last few months that when its cold out, esp in the morning to work, or home after work at the end of the day, that there is a slight noise often... Not so much a 'rattle' as maybe 'creeking'? The sound I find hard to describe. Its not loud at all, but its present and I'm aware of it... kinda bothers me, but only to a small degree. Only seems to occur when its cold out, never noticed it before all spring, summer, fall and the first 1/2 of winter when our weather wasnt so cold as it is now.

Wasnt sure if I should bother mentioning it or not to my dealership.
Get it fixed. Youll be glad you did. Mine has been rattle/creek free since.
Bretsuaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #24
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Get it fixed. Youll be glad you did. Mine has been rattle/creek free since.
I'll mention it soon then when I go in for my next addition...

I have just been wondering if i should or not, as its so minute, and happens maybe 60% of the time?

I have no idea of I'm over worrying about the "noise"... im not even sure if creek is the right word...

well, ill like take ur advice and mention it, though i feel kinda nit picky... (not that i should, bc its my new car and i have a right to have it in perf shape... but for some reason i do w/ this matter... wierd)
Old 02-27-2007, 12:30 AM   #25
ricepower

Drives: Yaris Y Sedan
Send a message via MSN to ricepower Send a message via Yahoo to ricepower
Quote:
Took my car in yesterday for 10,000 mile oil change and tire rotation. I also had them take a look at the rattle that was coming from the center of the dash, around the speedometer. It seems to be worse in the morning, when the dash is cold. And diminishes once the sun warms it up. However, they had no problem finding it yesterday afternoon. As a matter of fact, they said it was pretty bad. They removed the speedometer, and placed foam behind that area. They kept it overnite to test this morning while it was cold. The rattle is gone! Now I dont HAVE to always listen the radio. And my friends will ride in my car again.

They gave me a Tc to drive. I was glad to get my car back.
Will u please post a pic on the solution..PLEASE!!!
ricepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:39 AM   #26
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
My dealership gave me the run around and did not want to fix my rattle. Assholes they are, I haven't gone back to them since. I will only go back once more, and thats to change my oil to synthetic and be out!
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #27
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Mine has disappeared as fast as it appeared!
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #28
msagowitz

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris Sedan
My car has been making the rattling noise from the dash ever since I first got it. I have just been too lazy to take it in to fix it. Mine is also worse in the morning when it's coldest. The warranty will cover it right? And give me a rental till the next day?
msagowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #29
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
I'll mention it soon then when I go in for my next addition...

I have just been wondering if i should or not, as its so minute, and happens maybe 60% of the time?

I have no idea of I'm over worrying about the "noise"... im not even sure if creek is the right word...

well, ill like take ur advice and mention it, though i feel kinda nit picky... (not that i should, bc its my new car and i have a right to have it in perf shape... but for some reason i do w/ this matter... wierd)

Took her in today to have them look at it... turns out it had to do with sand/dirt (not unusual this time of the year w/ all the snow we have) getting under the black plastic (forget its correct name) that the whippers sit on... dirt/sand sneaks under there and sits between the plastic part and the windshield and it gets rubbed between the two of them, making that "noise" of sorts I have been hearing... and it makes sense i was told that it would be worse in the mornings when it's cold as the plastic would be harder and thus making the rubbing more pronounced and louder.

anyways, he put a think layer of something (felt? i forget now, shoot) between the outside windshield and whipper plastic and that *appears* to have fixed it.

Told em to get back to them in a couple days time, see if its gone away. So thats what I'm gonna do. Glad I decided to take it in.

I love my Collingwood Toyota Service department, esp, Mike, the guy I usually deal with.

Anyways, that's my update folks. I am happy presently

Jem
Old 03-15-2007, 08:42 PM   #30
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

NOPE! Its still there (and same as before!)

the car was warm at lunch when i went over (from being in the sun)
when i drove home tonite (when dark) it was below zero.

f*ck! annoyed.

gonna leave the ride outside (instead of in the garage) tonite, adn take it over FIRST thing in the AM tomrrow and how it freaking makes creaking noises for them them!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #31
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
NOPE! Its still there (and same as before!)

the car was warm at lunch when i went over (from being in the sun)
when i drove home tonite (when dark) it was below zero.

f*ck! annoyed.

gonna leave the ride outside (instead of in the garage) tonite, adn take it over FIRST thing in the AM tomrrow and how it freaking makes creaking noises for them them!
Took it in again... they put some felt they said in/under/around/whatever the places where I was getting the "snap, crackle, pop" noises (yes, honestly, that IS the BEST way I can think to describe the sound coming from the plastic around my heating controls vertical column... very similar to the sound of when you poor milk in your Rice Krispies.)

Anyways, STILL there, same as before. I'm starting to feel like I'm being a pain in their ass to keep bringing it back, but its an issue I should be able to have fixed for myself right? Do you guys think I'm being too picky/anal in letting it bother me like I am?

I really does consume too much of my thoughts... I just hate that its there. I cant seem to un-focus on it when I hear the noise.

I just may go in YET AGAIN tonite around 430. God, they'e gonna be like "back? ... again?"

Jem
Old 03-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #32
Go4th

Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
Go back. They don't care. It should be fixed or figured out at least. It's your new car and if any of the mechanics/work center guys had a problem with their new car the would want it fixed too. Every one wants a new car with no problems or at least problems fixed on a new car or solved. You'll be fine.
Go4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #33
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

I went to update them. Ill drop it buy one morning next weekend when hopefully its making that noise so Mike (one of the guys there) can come out with and her it himself.

They've felted behind everything... i dunno what they're gonna do now. More investigating I guess. I hope this gets fixed is all.

Get it off my damn mind