Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
badhabitz

Drives: yaris
Send a message via AIM to badhabitz
c one motorsport performance bars

so just got in the mail from www.kamispeed.com the c one performance bars this came with the center support bar, the front strut bar, the rear strut bar, the rear stabilizer that requires u to take of ur rear bumper and the front support bar. so far i was able to install the center bar and the rear strut bar at my house the rest i will do when i go to work tomorrow. anyways here is the pic for center bar it took 5 min to do. ill post pics when i can get the car higher in the air.

the rear strut bar requires 2 14 mm wrenches to break off the nuts. first pop off the 2 black covers. then take the caps off and take the nuts off. put the strut bar on and use the washers that c one provides, then put the bushing and the 2 nuts back on tighten everything and it should look like this. the install took about 15 min

with the test drive i noticed a big difference with the center bar and with the rear strut bar just driving in the neighborhood i couldnt tell that much of a change but when i hit the free way i know there will be less chassis flex. ill post more when i install the rest tomorrow

alright so here comes the install of the 4 point lower bar it goes in the front.

first u need to unbolt that gray 19mm bolt that holds the subframe and put the brace on and use the 2 12mm that are provided to hold the other 2 portions of the bar this was a pretty easy install also.

next was the front strut bar that goes in the engine i was on my way of doing this but changed my mind cause i will install this when i do my suspension so i dont have to do it twice. but this is what comes with it and how it would look if it was installed

the last bar i have is the rear bar that takes place of the rear bumper support some people would not do this due to safety and of possibly gettng rear ended but hey it lost maybe 15 pounds and stiffens up the chassis up to u.
first remove the 2 tens holding the bumper on then remove the black clips holding it in i think theres about 8 that are all under the bumper then just pop it out from the side and the bumper comes out

then remove the bumper support by taking off the 3 14mm holding it in on each side

put on the c one bar and make sure everything is tight put the bumper back on and ur done

Last edited by badhabitz; 08-11-2006 at 01:26 AM.
badhabitz is offline   Reply With Quote