Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #19
Tayder

Drives: 2014 rental
@wmc.productions
Tayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #20
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
+1

although not really a gamer and dont own an xbox

i also use it extensively for navigation on all my roadtrips linked to a larger screened tablet

heres a screen shot of mine with my most important app front and center

Ha, nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
Yeah, I tend to be a homebody when I'm not at work, so it's much easier/nicer for me to just use the gaming desktop PC that I built to do my emailing, internet surfing, online bill paying, video/music streaming, excel spreadsheets, graphic design/editing, gaming, etc. Also, I tend to just memorize any new locations that I'm heading out to via google maps on my desktop before leaving, so I never need to use the navigation/map app on my smartphone. I guess it matter what kind of mobile on-the-go lifestyle you may have. When I'm not at work, or running general resupply/shopping errands, I'm at home either reading, playing various online/offline PC games, exercising w/streaming music, harassing my senior (18 years old) cat, playing chef, or watching shows/movies that I like. No sense maneuvering around a little tiny annoying smartphone screen/interface when I can sit in front of nice big (dual) monitor(s), with big ergonomic keyboard and mouse (either at home or at work).

I never was a social, social-event or a social-media oriented person - which is where smartphone use probably finds its sizeable niche.
Eh, I don't know. I don't even have Facebook, I'm just on Twitter and Instagram. Still, I find pulling my phone out of my pocket a lot easier than booting up my laptop (which I even keep in my living room for convenience).

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #21
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Haven't got a clue what Instagram is. Never been on Facebook or Twitter. Never even owned a smartphone. Don't really know what an app is. Like to keep my life pretty simple, but I guess some would think I'm living in the dark. Yarisworld is my only social media account.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #22
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I've never been a Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc user with no desire to ever be one. In fact, YW is about the extent of my online social presence.

I am however a very active day trader who is outdoors during the majority of the time in the non winter months. My phone is pretty much constantly running my investment apps and sites during trading hours. Couldn't live without it.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #23
NJP440
2010EGGHATCH

Drives: White 2010 Yaris Hatch
My entire life is Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat lol
Although I'm always an outdoors person going for cruises to random parks and just exploring or just going to car meets.
I use social media as my base to meet people. It is quite weird when I go out to a meet and someone's like oh hey nick the yaris looks great and I'm just like uh thanks who are you? Lmao

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #24
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Haven't got a clue what Instagram is. Never been on Facebook or Twitter. Never even owned a smartphone. Don't really know what an app is. Like to keep my life pretty simple, but I guess some would think I'm living in the dark. Yarisworld is my only social media account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I've never been a Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc user with no desire to ever be one. In fact, YW is about the extent of my online social presence.
I think we are long lost brothers. I have no use for any "social" media. Yarisworld is the extent of my online "life". I do however own a smart phone, a Galaxy S3. Yes that's right S3. It's over 4 years old and still is more than I need, and the only reason I have it is because my beloved 10 year old flip phone bit the dust and I thought I should join the modern world. I should have just bought another flip phone.
NYC-SE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:57 AM   #25
heytim

Drives: 2014 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJP440 View Post
I use social media as my base to meet people. It is quite weird when I go out to a meet and someone's like oh hey nick the yaris looks great and I'm just like uh thanks who are you? Lmao

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
That's pretty neat...I take it you use social media as part of say a car meet etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
I do however own a smart phone, a Galaxy S3. Yes that's right S3. It's over 4 years old and still is more than I need, and the only reason I have it is because my beloved 10 year old flip phone bit the dust and I thought I should join the modern world. I should have just bought another flip phone.
Don't worry you are not that outdated, I myself have a Galaxy S4! Although I am probably going to get a new phone soon, but it does everything I need it to.

I still used my rock solid reliable flip phone as an alarm clock, until them cell phone providers decided to turn off the CDMA networks. Now, the phone cannot pull the current time, thus rendering the alarm clock function unavailable.
heytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:47 AM   #26
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
[redacted]

Last edited by DarkShadowFox; 10-23-2018 at 02:59 PM.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #27
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Due to popular demand and to avoid spamming my personal account with car pics, I created a dedicated Instagram account for my car and followed all the accounts (that still exist) in this thread.

@vaderhelmet for those interested.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #28
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
my collection of cars is here

https://www.instagram.com/bigcirclelittlecircle/
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #29
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
https://www.instagram.com/leegamer/
There's mine. It's mostly beer, though.
Old 07-30-2022, 02:00 PM   #30
ibrahincomp
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris gr
My Instagram is temporarily frozen because I couldn't log in to the app for three days. The administration thought I was a violator, adding my account to the frozen ones. I'll restore it soon by email access. So now I'm very active in the TikTok app. You can find me by my nickname on this forum. I bought video views on socialboosting.com to be seen by more people. I can't tell you what kind of videos I have. This is more entertainment content than video reviews. I turn on interesting music and make jokes. Check my account. I'll be glad to have new subscribers, guys. I'll subscribe to you mutually. TikTok is a cool app.

Last edited by ibrahincomp; 08-02-2022 at 10:43 AM.
ibrahincomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:41 AM   #31
DavidBrawn

Drives: BMW
My instagram is alexsanchez____
By the way, I think Instagram is the most popular social media I have seen ever. Almost, everyone wants to have followers. I know a site https://viplikes.net/buy-uk-instagram-followers where you can buy UK Instagram followers. The main thing, I would say that followers from the UK is a good quality. Secondly, it is real cheap. I really like it
DavidBrawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instagram