Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Does anyone have the ultra racing rear underbrace installed? Reviews?

So I had to remove my rear megan tie bar brace cause the rear torsion beam kept banging against it especially on bumps and potholes. It was beggining to scare me because its bolted against the gas tank.

Since i removed it im wondering if its worthwhile to get the ultra racing rear underbrace to make up for the loss of rear bracing. I have the middle and front underbraces already. Front strut bar and trd springs and swaybar.

Has anyone who has installed this bar felt a noticible difference. I know there are
members out here that will say they dont do anything. But i felt a big difference when i installed my lower tie bars.

Last edited by YarisSedan; 11-26-2009 at 12:31 AM.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
I'm sure the ultra racing rear under chassis brace does a lot more than those poorly designed megan "braces". Just look at the differences in the mounting points and Wtf was that rear megan bar even re-enforcing
Might want to look into some rear under chassis braces like the set from gt spec
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vitz interior.jpg (220.5 KB, 215 views)
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
LOL i know about that baby tie bar. I am not sure how much a difference it makes. Ive seen the gtspec but to me thats too much tie bar action. I already have issues with scraping my center tie bar as it is. I missed a deal awile back when garm was selling a lightly used set. So for now my megan tie bars will have to do.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote