Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-02-2018, 02:53 PM   #181
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Subtle little changes that go a long way. Love it.

For the foot lights, should have gone full 90's and made it a neon blue, or black light lol.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #182
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Subtle little changes that go a long way. Love it.

For the foot lights, should have gone full 90's and made it a neon blue, or black light lol.
LOL. I wanted pure functionality for footwell lighting. Don't like mood lighting.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #183
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
How did you wire these leds ??
Do they open when u open the door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:58 PM   #184
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiser View Post
How did you wire these leds ??
Do they open when u open the door?

Wired them to the pink and blue wires of the dome light connector behind the driver side chubby. I only wanted them to be on with the doors open.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:31 AM   #185
miiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Wired them to the pink and blue wires of the dome light connector behind the driver side chubby. I only wanted them to be on with the doors open.

Damn sounds easy. I will add it to my todo list for the month ;)
If you have a picture of the wires that I have to use please post them :)

Old 01-04-2018, 06:19 AM   #186
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Damn sounds easy. I will add it to my todo list for the month ;)
If you have a picture of the wires that I have to use please post them :)

It's pretty easy. I had a harder time finding a suitable spot on the passenger side for the board to go on (ended up going on the fan case itself).

Check out CTScott's post 14 here: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12220

You'll see the pink and blue wires.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:15 AM   #187
miiser

Quote:
It's pretty easy. I had a harder time finding a suitable spot on the passenger side for the board to go on (ended up going on the fan case itself).

Check out CTScott's post 14 here: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12220

You'll see the pink and blue wires.

Thank you. I find the picture. One more thing. Where you bought the led stripe? eBay? And if yes do you have a link for it ?

Old 01-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #188
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Thank you. I find the picture. One more thing. Where you bought the led stripe? eBay? And if yes do you have a link for it ?

They're LED boards, not strips.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-Festoon...item33b1d04a1c

Unless the seller changed the board, those should be the exact ones. I'm using those in the Yaris dome light, trunk light, and footwell lighting; as well as the dome and trunk light of my FR-S/GT86, and the trunk light of my brother's Prius c/Aqua.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #189
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
48SMD! Crazy I need to put one of those boards in the trunk. Right now, I'm using one that fits in the stock socket which has only about 12SMD.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2018, 03:22 AM   #190
miiser

Finding Dory

Quote:
They're LED boards, not strips.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-Festoon...item33b1d04a1c

Unless the seller changed the board, those should be the exact ones. I'm using those in the Yaris dome light, trunk light, and footwell lighting; as well as the dome and trunk light of my FR-S/GT86, and the trunk light of my brother's Prius c/Aqua.

And what about their life circle?? Do they burn easily??
I am looking right now for leds because I want to change all the stock yellow bulbs to white leds and so far I have read lots of bad reviews about the majority of them. I even saw reviews about melted boards What’s your experience?

Also I have an interesting question. If I replace the dome light with led bulb, the effect that the light closes slowly works? I don’t know how to describe, but when the light goes off, it goes slowly like it fades with the normal bulbs. I know it’s not that important but I do like it.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #191
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
48SMD! Crazy I need to put one of those boards in the trunk. Right now, I'm using one that fits in the stock socket which has only about 12SMD.

More LEDs to share the work so they're not overworked!
Old 01-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #192
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
And what about their life circle?? Do they burn easily??
I am looking right now for leds because I want to change all the stock yellow bulbs to white leds and so far I have read lots of bad reviews about the majority of them. I even saw reviews about melted boards What’s your experience?

Also I have an interesting question. If I replace the dome light with led bulb, the effect that the light closes slowly works? I don’t know how to describe, but when the light goes off, it goes slowly like it fades with the normal bulbs. I know it’s not that important but I do like it.

My experience with eBay LEDs are either hit or miss. These have been good. They do get warm after being on for a while.

However, for very important or hard to get to lights, I go to my favorite brand of LEDs, VLEDs. They're very reliable (still have strips from them that are 10 years old by now) and have awesome customer service in case you need warranty work (used once only).

Those boards will still do the gradient/fade effect. However, it'll be more in "steps" (I think that's the nature of LEDs).
Old 01-09-2018, 06:25 AM   #193
miiser

Finding Dory

Quote:
My experience with eBay LEDs are either hit or miss. These have been good. They do get warm after being on for a while.

However, for very important or hard to get to lights, I go to my favorite brand of LEDs, VLEDs. They're very reliable (still have strips from them that are 10 years old by now) and have awesome customer service in case you need warranty work (used once only).

Those boards will still do the gradient/fade effect. However, it'll be more in "steps" (I think that's the nature of LEDs).

Mmm vleds are out of the question for me because I don’t live in USA and the shippings are more expensive than the cost of the led itself so it’s not worth it

Also, as you wired them in the dome light harness, do footwell lights have the fade effect too?

Last edited by miiser; 01-09-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:44 AM   #194
miiser

Are these ok for the hvac bulbs ?

Old 01-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #195
Kaotic Lazagna

Those T4 LEDs should be fine. I did have to scrape off some of the plastic in the hole of the HVAC unit to make the hole bigger. If you have trouble fitting those in, you might have to do the same. Although I don't suspect that since the LED boards don't look like it's bigger than the top of the base.

That sucks about shipping costing more than the LEDs from VLEDs. You'll have to find a reputable LED manufacturer/brand in your country if there is one.

The footwell LEDs will fade on and off as well.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #196
miiser

Finding Dory

Quote:
Those T4 LEDs should be fine. I did have to scrape off some of the plastic in the hole of the HVAC unit to make the hole bigger. If you have trouble fitting those in, you might have to do the same. Although I don't suspect that since the LED boards don't look like it's bigger than the top of the base.

That sucks about shipping costing more than the LEDs from VLEDs. You'll have to find a reputable LED manufacturer/brand in your country if there is one.

The footwell LEDs will fade on and off as well.

Yes I guess if I want some led bulbs for important lights such as brakes I will buy either Phillips or osram.
Thanks for your help buddy I already ordered these leds you mention that you use.
I will try to do the same with the footwells as you.
Also I purchased some cheap 194 led bulbs too that they claim they are Samsung leds. I will use them on the license plate. And if they are good enough I might use them for the back lights too

Hope it works out

Last edited by miiser; 01-10-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:53 PM   #197
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Yes I guess if I want some led bulbs for important lights such as brakes I will buy either Phillips or osram.
Thanks for your help buddy I already ordered these leds you mention that you use.
I will try to do the same with the footwells as you.
Also I purchased some cheap 194 led bulbs too that they claim they are Samsung leds. I will use them on the license plate. And if they are good enough I might use them for the back lights too

Hope it works out

I'm using Osram 194s in the parking lights.

They're nice and bright, and are well focused; unlike the cheap eBay ones that died on me after a month or two (a different, cheap eBay one I got for my brother's Prius c is still working just fine tho).

Here are my reverse lights from an RS taillight replica.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-7440-130...item36063fb938

Those are the bulbs and seller I got them from. I think the RS taillights' optics aren't very good as I got more light out of the regular Yaris taillights.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #198
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
I'm using very cheap 194's in the license plate, they haven't died on my yet. Been 3+ years now.

Reverse, I got them from a seller locally. Look like normal generic stuff found on eBay, and they are nice and bright. Almost as bright as my friend using HID lol.

I have yet to replace any LED I installed, though I haven't found any good 7442 bulbs for the brake light at an affordable price, so halogens are still in there including the flashers.