Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
wiiarethesound
I've made a post!

Drives: 2018 Toyota Yaris LE
Bluetooth Behaviour Changed?

Hi all!

I just purchased my Yaris (2018 LE) about a month ago and I'm loving it so far! However, a few days ago my Bluetooth connection started acting differently. Before, I would start the vehicle and my phone would automatically start playing playing music over Bluetooth. Now, I have to press the play button on my phone before music will start. On top of that, the display has changed. I no longer see the artist/track/album displayed, instead I just see a graphic showing that my device is connected to the audio system (see attached image). Lastly, the next/previous track controls on the steering wheel have stopped working, but the volume controls do still work.

I've gone through the options to see if anything has changed but it doesn't look like it. I did update my phone's OS (now Android 8.1.0) recently, but I'm fairly certain it was at least a few days before the problem started.

Any advice? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bluetooth.jpg (187.5 KB, 18 views)
wiiarethesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
The radio hasn't changed, therefore the problem must be with your phone.

I had a similar problem recently when the app I use for music on my phone updated. For some reason it lost the Bluetooth settings. I had to manually re enter some settings in the app and then pair the car and the phone again. Probably something similar going on with you.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote