Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
revamping the DIY section

The DIY section is probably my favorite part of this forum. I love seeing all the ingenuity some people have and plan on doing many of the things posted here. The only problem is, the DIY manual is missing most of the DIYs, and searching for the exact thread you're looking for can be somewhat difficult and cumbersome. Also, good threads get buried under hundreds of routine questions, and may never be seen by someone who could use the information inside.

So what I'm suggesting is sub-forums inside of the DIY forum, where all the useful DIYs are compiled, and separated into groups - Exterior, Interior, Suspension, Brakes, Engine, Transmission, Stereo, Maintenance, etc. Users can request their DIY be moved, or the mods can move them as they see fit.

The DIY forum can still be used for asking questions about how to fix your car, and even posting DIYs, but I think this would help people find what they are looking for a lot easier. There could eventually also be sub-forums under each sub-forum - for example - lighting, electrical, gauges, seats and upholstery, could all be sub-forums under interior.

The sub-forums should all be locked from new threads, to keep users from cluttering them up, but users should still be able to respond to threads that have been moved by mods.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote