Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
Doorstopdriver

Drives: Focus Hatch
Layout Differences?

Has anyone found out anything regarding the actual layout of the engine bay/exhaust route etc in comparison with the xA/xBs? I can fully appreciate the fact that the Yaris is brand spankin new so to speak and there is not yet an aftermarket for it, but in regards to the slew of aftermarket parts available for the scions there absolutely MUST be some parts that are available and would ultimately be a pretty painless cross-over. I.E., Is there a large difference in the positioning of fuse boxes, engine placement, wiring etc that would prevent a scion intake from being installed? Most Scion exhausts are axlebacks, is there a large difference in the chassis exhaust layout? just wonderin if anybody might know.
Doorstopdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
w1ngzer0

Drives: Subaru Impreza
The exhaust is probobly a no. As far as say a supercharger or in engine parts. Not sure really. Even if they were in the same spot. Say a header for an Xa fit. The placement might not work.
w1ngzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #3
Leenis24
lil' town up north

Drives: 07 Yaris LB 5 speed Meteorite
I was wondering the same thing. What parts would fit a yaris from the scions. I know that most the engine stuff probly would, in regards to nothing different (from the scions layout) be in the way. But other stuff like brake kits, suspension, tranny, computer, interiors, ect.
Leenis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #4
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
has anyone checked ecu numbers from the xa/xb against the yaris? the engine is the same, right? so the computers may be...as far as stuff fiting under the hood, i'm not sure, i believe they are a little different in that aspect... i guess we shall see

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
YarisHatch

Drives: Blank
Send a message via AIM to YarisHatch Send a message via Yahoo to YarisHatch
Differences between the Yaris and the xb/xa would be: Different ecu mapping, different 02 censor positioning, longer gear ratios in the manuals, automatics are the same. A few internals parts are slightly different but other than that its the exact same motor. Its the same motor as the Echo pretty much.

As far as boosting, the ecu in the yaris is closely mapped to the 06' xb/xa, the only company for the xb that has a turbo kit out there for it is a company called zpi. 8psi, 181whp dyno'd last week. Check their website at www.zeropointindustries.net to find more information on what they offer for the 1nz in the xb/xa. The biggest problem would be tuning and fitment, the engine bay in the yaris is signficantly smaller than the xb's.
YarisHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #6
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Different intake setup, different exhaust and routing...
Different ECU 32 bit vs Scion's 64 bit...
Different transmission C50 vs Scion's C150...
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote