Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2015, 06:28 AM   #19
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Installed a Sprint Booster last week and it has eliminated the lag starting off and between shifts. It's a much more responsive car now. It doesn't increase horse power but it makes the power available much quicker making the car far more responsive and satisfying to drive. The lack of lag in the passing gear is fantastic. When people imagine they can duplicate the Sprint Booster by pressing the gas pedal more aggressively they are completely wrong. I have one on my Porsche Cayman 2.9l 6 speed MT and it to is much more fun to drive. The only way to appreciate how good it is, is to try one and if you don't feel it is worth every penny you paid for it you have 30 days to return it for a refund.
Glad to hear you're happy with it. I've been hearing a lot of good things about it lately. Really doesn't look like a hard install job either. Did you leave the selector remote attached? If so, where did you end up mounting it?
Old 10-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #20
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Personally I would go with the spring booster. If you are more concerned about the cash than the results and reliability then you could have bigger things to worry about. The only other one from your list I might consider would be the Weapon R but that would take some internet research.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:54 PM   #21
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
And honestly going to the 1zz throttle body should be one of the last mods you do. There are so many things that are better and easier to deal with before you make that swap..
funny. I just bought a yaris and this is the first thing i'm doing. I also am doing some modifying to the stock manifold. well, the first thing I did was add a tachometer and get rid of those green hvac lights, but this will bethe first REAL thing i've done.
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote