Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-03-2022, 03:24 AM   #1
ChrisZX2

Drives: 2018 3dr auto 1.5
12v outlet removal?

I have a 2018 3dr hatch. I'm installing the LED lighting kit that Toyota sold years back. I want to connect the power wire directly to the 12v outlet/cig lighter, and not use the janky splice connectors included. Problem is I can't find how to remove the 12v outlet, its like the whole dash has to come out...

Any help?? Will a Haynes book have the info?
ChrisZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 06:50 PM   #2
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
The service manual talks about first removing the air conditioning control assembly. This appears to be so you can access the rear of the power outlet to unplug the wiring connector.

If you look inside the outlet socket, you should see a plastic tabon the left. This should be pushed bach with a screwdriver wrapped in electrical tape. The socket can then be rotated clockwise, and will come halfway out.

There is then a protrusion on the socket which needs to be aligned with a cutout in the socket cover to pull it the rest of the way out.