Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Will they fit???
Yeah, probably 4 40.00%
Hell No 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #37
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
So much win
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #38
thewifesyaris

Drives: 2007 and 2008 MM Yari LBs
Resurrecting an old thread, but I am curious if there is any update to the outcome of longevity of running these tires on the Yaris justjesus?

I live in Rural Oregon and there are tons of trails that I would love to be able to take my car on rather than the gas hog truck.

Also, what are the specs on the wheels? 14x8? What offset? Spacer?

I currently have the Yaris lowered on 195-60-15s with Tein lowering springs. I still have the stock shocks, but I wouldn't mind getting more than a few inches of height over stock with a spacer lift of some sort.

Anyways, awesome job with making it happen on an off road capable Yaris justjesus!
Old 11-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #39
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
haha...is the thread that old?

I'm still running them. I drive roughly 70 miles per day. I look at them almost daily, and they still look pretty much new.

Honda Civic HX wheel. Believe it's a 14x5.5 with a 45 offset. I did need a small spacer (dont know if it's 2mm, since a friend gave them to me and he doesn't know) for the front wheels to clear the caliper. It barely clears with those on there.

Kosei has a wheel (K1TS) that is 14x6 and weighs a tad over 9lbs. Offset is 38mm (look for a Honda application, ex, 1991 honda crx) and is 120/wheel. If money wasn't an issue, I'd probably run some Volk TE37s of some sort in a 14" size. I just happened to have the HX wheels sitting around from another project.

I probably wouldn't run them on lowering springs. Things get a bit tight under there with the tire at 195/75-14.

For a lift, I think I have the rear mostly figured out. Just need to use a longer shock, or use a shock extension. The front, the easiest solution is how CTScott has on his Crashy. Although I still have other ideas brewing, they're on the back burner for now while I focus on other things.

A skid plate would also be nice. Well plates. I'd like to protect the lines/wiring that run lenghwise along the "frame" rails underneath.

Last edited by justjesus; 11-04-2015 at 02:36 PM.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #40
thewifesyaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
haha...is the thread that old?

I'm still running them. I drive roughly 70 miles per day. I look at them almost daily, and they still look pretty much new.

Honda Civic HX wheel. Believe it's a 14x5.5 with a 45 offset. I did need a small spacer (dont know if it's 2mm, since a friend gave them to me and he doesn't know) for the front wheels to clear the caliper. It barely clears with those on there.

Kosei has a wheel (K1TS) that is 14x6 and weighs a tad over 9lbs. Offset is 38mm (look for a Honda application, ex, 1991 honda crx) and is 120/wheel. If money wasn't an issue, I'd probably run some Volk TE37s of some sort in a 14" size. I just happened to have the HX wheels sitting around from another project.

I probably wouldn't run them on lowering springs. Things get a bit tight under there with the tire at 195/75-14.

For a lift, I think I have the rear mostly figured out. Just need to use a longer shock, or use a shock extension. The front, the easiest solution is how CTScott has on his Crashy. Although I still have other ideas brewing, they're on the back burner for now while I focus on other things.

A skid plate would also be nice. Well plates. I'd like to protect the lines/wiring that run lenghwise along the "frame" rails underneath.
I guess the thread is not that old.

Thanks for the infos.

I found a cool wheel I think I will go with, not as light, but around the same price. I could probably find a dealer that can get those K1-TS's too if needed.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...8&autoModClar=

These should clear without a spacer. Then I'll need to raise the car back to stock height and or look at a longer spring for the rear. Might look at getting a local shop to fab up a spacer for the front coilovers. Depends on how much clearance there is with the stock springs, I am going to do that 1st before looking at anything else.

I am curious if anyone knows of an adjustable coilover system that would allow for lowered and raised heights, so as to perhaps swap back and forth.

Anyways, this is all homework really as I just bought new tires a few months back and will likely run those till they are dead than make this change. However, it doesn't hurt to start buying things while I wait. I may get impatient and make the switch sooner too.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:38 PM   #41
justjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewifesyaris View Post

I am curious if anyone knows of an adjustable coilover system that would allow for lowered and raised heights, so as to perhaps swap back and forth.

Anyways, this is all homework really as I just bought new tires a few months back and will likely run those till they are dead than make this change. However, it doesn't hurt to start buying things while I wait. I may get impatient and make the switch sooner too.
I like those sparcos. The design is cool.

I've been thinking of that type of coilover system for some time. For mix use between daily driving, off road, and occasional autoX. BUT that is too much to fill, as one requires stiffer spring rates (autoX). I'd still be happy with softer springs, but at least having something adjustable from being 2" taller than stock, and down to about 2" lower than stock. That's a 4" range. Likely need a totally custom set up for that.

I've been doing the homework for too damn long. But life gets in the way, so applying some of the things to the Yaris is taking forever. As it is, it took me like a year just to go back to stock height with the BFG All Terrains!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #42
thewifesyaris

I feel you on the timeline of my projects.

I love the idea of being able to raise and lower the car on a whim. I doubt I will be able to find or afford this type of system. The wheels and tires are going to run close to 1000 as is. It will be a while before I get to that part, the funds.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #43
Ben_

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatch
There are a lot of airbag coil over kits if I remember right....
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:54 AM   #44
justjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewifesyaris View Post
The wheels and tires are going to run close to 1000 as is. It will be a while before I get to that part, the funds.
Yeah, i went the cheapest route possible, and wheels/tires were still at about 750 or so. I would also love to run the xB final drive and an LSD but THAT'S a nice chunk of change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_ View Post
There are a lot of airbag coil over kits if I remember right....
Indeed, there are choices. I'm not too familiar with the ones made for the Yaris, but my guess is that they're made more for show cars, or guys who just want to be slammed to the ground.

I'll be starting another thread for dirt road / off road with some pics and some short videos to give you guys an idea as to what I've dealt with so far, and throw my thoughts out as well. Will do so throughout the week
Old 11-11-2015, 12:30 AM   #45
Ben_

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatch
Nice! Look forward to it
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote