Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #19
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
i have 10mm spacers i took off a long time ago, since they dont work with rear disc brakes.. i dont have any bolts or anything, just the spacer itself.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:32 AM   #20
Vitz_Q8

Drives: 3dr NCP90R
Sorry guys. I've been very busy these days hopefully it will be done by next week. for the minimum number of preorders required I'm not sure tbh. I'll contact PG and tell them to post in this thread just to give a more "official" that PG are behind this not some unknown guy posting on the internet.
You can see in the attachments the difference between the rear and front wheels my wheels are 15x7 +35
pictures in order are F-passenger>R-driver>F-driver>R-passenger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151018_121551.jpg (278.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 20151018_121638.jpg (197.6 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 20151018_121710.jpg (266.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 20151018_121919.jpg (326.5 KB, 74 views)
Vitz_Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:47 AM   #21
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
i have 10mm spacers i took off a long time ago, since they dont work with rear disc brakes.. i dont have any bolts or anything, just the spacer itself.
Pm sent

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:52 AM   #22
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
I already have a set on my Yaris, otherwise i'd totally be interested.
I wish you guys good luck though.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #23
ITA

Drives: 2001 Echo Sedan
Sorry, I will have to retract my request. For some reason I thought these would work with my 2001 Echo. I didn't realize its only for the Yaris/xD. Sorry about that!
ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #24
aspro

Remove me from the list. I couldnt wait for PG so i bought a used pair from a member. Thanks and good luck with this!

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
Old 11-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #25
aspro

Hopefully i can find some time and install it quickly. I will post before and after pics to help those who are looking to do this.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:03 PM   #26
aspro

I installed the 10mm spacers i bought used off of exiwolfman. Super easy install, had to put some elbow grease into removing the hub but she came out pretty easily on both sides. The 10 mm spacers i think are peeeerfect for my rim size (15×6.5 with 38 offset) worthy mod. Car feels more predictable when entering into the corner, just feels like there is more feedback and body roll has been reduced thanks to the wider stance. No rubbing so far and it looks awesome!

Driver side:

Passenger side:

Forgot to take before pics, i was too excited.

Enjoy!

Old 11-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #27
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
I installed the 10mm spacers i bought used off of exiwolfman. Super easy install, had to put some elbow grease into removing the hub but she came out pretty easily on both sides. The 10 mm spacers i think are peeeerfect for my rim size (15×6.5 with 38 offset) worthy mod. Car feels more predictable when entering into the corner, just feels like there is more feedback and body roll has been reduced thanks to the wider stance. No rubbing so far and it looks awesome!

Driver side:

Passenger side:

Forgot to take before pics, i was too excited.

Enjoy!
Looks good glad u like the spacers ...i was to lazy to do it lol plus my 07 is little more crusty and would need new hubs with install.
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #28
aspro

Thanks! Well, my buddy helped me big time. He has a lift and almost every tool you could imagine. Which made things a lot easier.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:03 AM   #29
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
No rubbing so far

Hit any dips yet on the 401 at speed?

I had to introduce camber washers when I was running 10mm spacers on 16x7 et 42 with 195 rubber to eliminate rear fender buzzing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2015, 08:08 AM   #30
aspro

Yes i have. And a few good sized pot holes. This set up will not rub... It is perfectly set.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #31
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
That is the exact same setup I want to run. Thanks for the pics and info regarding your set up. It's good to know it won't rub. I want to improve the stance but not have the headaches of rubbing tires. Just waiting to hear back from a member if he still has a set of spacers lying around.

Any updates on this group buy?
Old 11-09-2015, 02:03 PM   #32
aspro

A little update. I had my car loaded with myself and 3 buddies. Avg weight per person was between 180 to 220 lbs, i.e the car was slammed to the ground. I had some light rubbing on the inside of the fender on The passenger side only when i hit big bumps. So im cool with that but i think a fender roll would cure that as it is touching by about 1 mm. But im not going to even bother with that.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #33
tmontague

appreciate the update. That's not too bad with all that weight in your car. I don't plan on ever running that much weight in my Yaris. I have 10mm spacers I'm installing tomorrow with camber washers. They should pair nicely with my new rims that I'll put on next spring, they're 15x6.5 and +35 offset. I'll likely need to use the camber washers since my rims are 3mm wider than yours.

Please remove me from this group buy, I was able to pick up a pair of wahsers from "Muskoka" who was great enough to dig them up from his basement for me!
Old 11-10-2015, 01:11 PM   #34
tmontague

Aspro, how'd you remove the hubs from the axle once the 4 bolts were removed?

I am trying to install mine now and they're stuck on tight
Old 11-10-2015, 01:31 PM   #35
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Aspro, how'd you remove the hubs from the axle once the 4 bolts were removed?

I am trying to install mine now and they're stuck on tight
Put your wheel back on and kick the crap out of the tire. Should eventually crack the union between hub and axle.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #36
aspro

I used an air chizel and a prybar. If you dont have that then do what weeyari suggested. The weight of the wheel will help get some force generated and a good leverage point. Just be careful you dont ruin your hubs! And good luck!

Tags
hub spacers, penguin garage, scion xd, vitz, yaris