Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-13-2015, 08:29 PM   #19
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
I'm also assuming that you don't need an inter cooler either if you are running low psi?

When people have posted in the past on Yw of their boosted cars throwing CEL' with a piggyback, what was the main issue's that were the reason for their problems? Or is it that the stock ECU just cannot deal with any level of boost? (hard to believe since the blitz s/c seems to work fine)
Yeah, below 6-7 psi, an intercooler doesn't net much improvement overall. Since you have to route back across the engine anyway, the intercooler is probably not much more work to install.

The ECU tries really hard to get back to the factory fuel map, so the trims keep getting adjusted. If you have a nice snug belt on a Blitz S/C, you can actually get the MAF to go out of range and throw a CEL. I've also seen too lean, too rich, and misfires across all 4 cylinders, but it's gotten better since I isolated a lot of the vacuum leaks.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:19 AM   #20
Innovative 1

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB 5spd
Well I would think if the piggy back is doing its job efficiently it will keep the maf in check and I dont have a cel at this moment. Did when i was done with install but no codes now.
Innovative 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #21
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
The Blitz piggyback is really simple--it just forces the ECU into open loop when the magnetic clutch engages. The MAF signal doesn't get intercepted. Perhaps the piggyback for the Rotrex can be setup to clamp the MAF voltage, or just use MAP instead?
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #22
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
Hi OP,

Any updates on this Rotrex setup? Can you give any reviews on this product?
“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote