Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
I will be at mapunapuna toyota servo today

Yo!

I am going to toyota servco in mapunapuna and will be there around 11. They have a tent sale going on today from like 10am-2pm. My friend is interested in getting a yaris. I will have my yaris there if anyone wants to swing by and check it out! Shoots
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
PETERPOOP

Well, just got back with my friend. They were telling him that if he put down a down payment for a yaris he wanted (S model, Black, Manual, Power package) that it might come in in two - 4 months. BUTTTTTTTT, it would be a 2010 and sold at the 2010 price. He said that they dont know what the 2010 price would be, so he couldn't give us a price. I didn't know whether to believe him or not.

So we asked him if he knew what the next batch of yaris would be that come in soon, and he said he couldn't find out on the computer. He said there weren't any...
Old 04-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
fuji

Drives: Polar White Yaris HB
We should have a quick get together before Summer just to check out each others cars and exchange some ideas.

Time to inject some nitrous into Peterpoop's car and really see what type of power it can generate!
fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
PETERPOOP

lol whoa now! NOS!?

Yah man, I'm down for a parking lot get together. Just let me know. I'm sure gwasabi is down too!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
I'm down too but gotta wait till schools over hehehe maybe in may sometime or end of april

MunkyWurks Garage - 8088488794
gwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
Taiyaki
アキバ製

Drives: 09' White LB, Celica GTS
Quote:
I'm down too but gotta wait till schools over hehehe maybe in may sometime or end of april
Word. I will have my car in by next week, and may be I will have my wheels and stuff by may.
Taiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #7
PETERPOOP

taiyaki, where did you get your car at? and did you special order it?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
Taiyaki
アキバ製

I got mines at mapunapuna servco. Yeah it was special order. But the chance of me getting power package with it is slim. So I will just add it on when I get it.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
PETERPOOP

Wait, you said you special ordered it, but you don't know if it has power package or not? What kind of special order is that?

They were telling my friend it will take 2-4 months to have a special order come in after a 500$ deposit. Is yours really a special order, or you just "claiming" one of the yaris that comes in with the new batch next week?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
Taiyaki
アキバ製

well they told me when I ordered that it might not be 100% what I want. I was very anal about it being white, hatch, 5spd, power package. But they told me somthing like many who special order might not get everything. But I was confused since I thought that's why I want to special order, so I can get all of thoes things. Confused I was but just said whatever. So I put down $500. And since my father knows people there, if it's not white and 5spd he can get me deposit back. So I'm just thinking worst case and it comes with out power package then yeah.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #11
haku

Drives: sentra
Send a message via AIM to haku
so uhhh wtf? i guess i'm scewed then since i want the same thing as your friend... fml.
haku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:32 PM   #12
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
well they told me when I ordered that it might not be 100% what I want. I was very anal about it being white, hatch, 5spd, power package. But they told me somthing like many who special order might not get everything. But I was confused since I thought that's why I want to special order, so I can get all of thoes things. Confused I was but just said whatever. So I put down $500. And since my father knows people there, if it's not white and 5spd he can get me deposit back. So I'm just thinking worst case and it comes with out power package then yeah.

You can get your deposit back no matter what. Even if you wait 4 months for your "special order" to come in and you decide not to get it. Atleast that's what the salesman told me today.

What you did was not a special order. They probably just so happened to have cars coming in that are somewhat like you wanted, and they are going to try and have you settle for what you didn't orginially want.

What my friend wanted to do was truly special order. That takes 2-4 months to get what you SPECIAL ORDERED.

When did you "special order" what is coming in? Last week? Or two months ago. If it was recent, that was not a legit "special order."

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku View Post
so uhhh wtf? i guess i'm scewed then since i want the same thing as your friend... fml.
Yah pretty much. The guy was saying that there were none that are Black, S model, 2009, Power package coming in. If you special ordered one (2-4months) you can get it, but it will be a 2010 model and they can't tell you the price until it gets there. You also still need to put down a 500$ deposit and see how much it is when it gets there, and whenever it does.

My friend then called waipahu servco to see what they had on the lot. Nothing that he was looking for was there.He told them what he wanted and the guys there were saying they rarely bring in any black yaris, and especially not what he wanted...

Looks like a special order is needed for the Black, S model, Power package, 3 door hatch.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #13
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Drives: 5-door meteorite metallic
yeah they hardly bring in the black S 5-speed. I was trying to see what my options were when I first bought my car, even went to Kauai, Maui, and Big Island to look at the Yaris'. Seems to me like the black 5-speed was off-island, so when I decided to by the black 5-speed 3 door S, someone already bought it X_X.

-Anyways try checking the cars that are outer island, you may get what you want even though some Toyota's are not servco.
808_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:30 AM   #14
haku

Drives: sentra
Send a message via AIM to haku
geez, i'm jinxed when it comes to cars... guess i better start calling around. thanks for the info guys.
haku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:45 AM   #15
Taiyaki
アキバ製

Ho thanks peter for clearing things up. I was so confused when I was talking to them. I was like "thats not special! getting random cars".
But Im very glad that I went with the base and not power. Installing power windows and locks myself saves me $1200. That will go to better stuff.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 AM   #16
PETERPOOP

Well if you can install it yourself, that will definately save you money!

What color rims you planning on getting taka?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:20 AM   #17
Taiyaki
アキバ製

I have my mind set on the Rota GT3 gold. the j-mags looks too idk. haha
Old 04-20-2009, 03:22 AM   #18
PETERPOOP

oh ok right right. sorry i forgot you showedme in the other thread. you had the PS photo of it!