Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #19
turboecho2005

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
i don't see how a centrifugal supercharger is "better" than a positive displacement SC.. but to each their own.
Each have their pros and cons... a centrifugal supercharger is more efficient in terms of power delivery. It sits somewhere in between a supercharger and a turbocharger when looking at efficiency. They have a tendency not to run as hot as a positive displacement SC. They are well suited for our cars since we have light small cars that rev high. Usually they are completely self contained so no need to run oil lines to the supercharger which makes installation easy. It really comes down to what kind of motor you are running and what you are going to do with the car. On a low revving large displacement motor a positive displacement SC would better...

I would love to see a comparison with dyno results with the blitz verus the rortex both running at the same psi. I have a feeling the centrifugal supercharger will produce more hp but the blitz will delivery more bottom end power. And bottom end power is what these little motors need.

1987 Nissan Maxima - 40,000 original miles - Slammed
1991 Isuzu Impulse RS AWD Turbo - approx 250hp - Winter Beater
1989 Isuzu Imark RS - Mint Condition - 0 rust - 100% factory :) - Summer Cruiser - 100% restored
1986 VW Jetta Wolfsburg - 120,000km - Mint condition. TDI swap in progress
turboecho2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #20
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Quote:
I'd like to tell you what model supercharger, but I won't. All I can tell you about the supercharger I have in mind, it's a maintenance-free unit. No oil required. The BOV will be located on the one and only piping that goes from the supercharger to the throttle body. I would use a BOV to prevent any boost from putting a strain on the impeller and for those who love the sound. I'm looking to run as much boost as possible with as little mods as possible.
Ok, you're really going about this all wrong first of all... Most SC nowadays are little to no maintenance at all. You won't be overboosting or putting strain on the unit with 6psi, and just to do it for people who love the sound is just ludicrous.

If you're buying a SC you obviously bought it for power, the sound you can make with a ghetto tail pipe whistle kit. And saying you're going to run as much boost as possible with little mods is an extreme understatement. Can you atleast provide a map for us to look at the flow rating of it?

I'm not trying to harsh on your thread or be a dick but its reality...If you don't want to post what supercharger it is, people will find out when you post a picture assuming you are going to test it first. and if not, we're just going to have to get a mystery supercharger i guess. But if its CDM, its CDM, not all of it is bad stuff.

If you can accomplish this then congrats on a job well done, but i think you need to take a step back and re-approach this and do more research on induction
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote