Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-31-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
Unhappy This can't be happening.

So last week, my front speakers go (best buy guy damaged them), replaced those. On Tuesday, someone breaks into my car and steals my sub and amp. I replaced my window today, that was fun. I'm driving home and I'm going up my hill and my stereo shuts off as if I turned the car off. It did the beeping like it does when I shut off the car.

I re soldered all the wires on the cables. Installed it again, no go. Installed the original stereo.... NO GO!?!?!?!

Please someone tell me I blew a fuse and which one do I have to replace? If it's anything worse, I'm going to give up and live in a hole.
==============================
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Check 15A DOME (under hood fuse box) and 7.5A ACC (under dash fuse box)

And, with the up hill thing, check your remote turn on wire that went to the amp to make sure that it's not flopping around, where it shorted to something.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

I checked the wires in the trunk and they weren't touching. I did take that wire off and didn't put it back on after soldering the wires again. Could that have been what would blow a fuse? I'll be checking the fuses shortly. I have spares under the hood, right?
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
Old 08-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

I checked the Dome one under the hood and that one's fine. My dome light still turns on. Was off when I had it out. One thing I just noticed, I still have power going to my charger, which I assume the ACC is that point where you turn the key to one click? Also, I can eject a CD and put it back in??? Just no display and not functionality.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
And I tought I had problems, but sure does sound like a fuse, dont the stereo has a fuse in the back, did u checked it ? Scott should help u out he's da men!! lol
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Yeah, this site has some crazy smart people. And generous enough to help out! Can't ask for more than that =D
Old 08-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.dollimount View Post
I checked the Dome one under the hood and that one's fine. My dome light still turns on. Was off when I had it out. One thing I just noticed, I still have power going to my charger, which I assume the ACC is that point where you turn the key to one click? Also, I can eject a CD and put it back in??? Just no display and not functionality.
The ACC circuit is used to run the radio with power on. DOME is used for memory backup and being able to pop a CD with the car off.

Try disconnecting the amp turn-on wire from the harness and see if it comes up. That wire might be damaged and might be pulling down the ACC circuit within the radio (the radio might have some protection where it doesn't pop the ACC fuse).
Old 08-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

By the way, did you replace the amp, or are you bypassing it and driving the speakers right from the radio?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #9
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

I didn't replace the amp yet, the speakers are going right from the radio. I removed the turn-on wire completely as I think this is what shorted it out. I pulled the ACC fuse and sure enough, the little wire type thing inside was demolished. Popped a new fuse in and all is well =D Thank you sooooooooooo much! After a VERY rough couple weeks, this is the first thing that has made me smile after putting my window back in. =) CTScott FTW