Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-10-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
Bore me to Death! Brake Questions`

Gentlemen and the subsequent FBI agents who call themselves women..

I installed brakes on my car, the Scion XD/Corolla brakes, which is a good thing.

Bad thing, my master decided to take a shiz when in the process of bleeding said brakes

I know we use a dual outlet m10x1 brake fitting
I also know we use a dual outlet on the master cylinder, bore 13/16 and stroke of 1.15

I want a tighter pedal feel
Proposition:
Corolla/Matrix master cylinder with a 7/8 bore.
Stroke: 1.57
also uses two outlets m10x1
would anyone have information on if this master cylinder is a bolt on to the Yaris oem Booster.

I cannot delete the ABS module..
I cannot add proportioning valve..
But I do want a stiffer pedal feel. One thing Ive always appreciated about Honda's is their pedal feel is really remarkable and toight, like a toiger
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #2
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
When I built my supercharged '90 jetta coupe, it got a whole host of upgrades. The 9" solid disks on the front went to the back and the front got the 11.1" corrado rotor with driver edition calipers to match. The master was swapped for one that was 2mm larger iirc. Stainless lines all around.

To put that combo into prospective, when emergency braking on the 401, your attention was more about not getting rear ended then rear ending the guy in front of you. But regular stop and go traffic pedal feel was very stock-like.

I have a 2011xd master sitting on my bench. Want to test the theory myself. But winter has officially arrived and I have no garage. Iirc, the body of the xd master is not the same size as the yaris (shorter and fatter). But I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to match the master to the brakes I also stole from the 2zr donor car.

Edit: I dug around. Enviri's stolen xd parts thread states the xd brake booster is needed to swap the master

Last edited by myfirstyota; 12-08-2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: New info
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote