Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Zage IC dimensions....

Got a nice email from Elma at Zage. Was wondering if another IC would fit with there setup, like a Mishimoto. Unless Mishi makes 17" long by 5.5" wide IC's looks like a no, for now. BUT please do correct me if I am wrong lol.

Anyway, here is the pic.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg intercooler.jpg (214.5 KB, 60 views)
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
This is one thing I could have actually measured lol.

What's wrong with this intercooler? It's perfect for the application.

... You just want a big obnoxious intercooler don't you?
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
sleey0

Nothing wrong but options are always good Right This intercooler didn't even have a place to mount it correct
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
No intercoolers have mounting places almost ever. You have to take the time and get some bracket from home depot and make your own. And no you cannot just leave it dangling by the couplers attached to it as solid as it might seem.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ I see some attachment points on the bottom there. Focus, are those threaded? did you use them?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Yeah I see some threaded holes too.

Also why would you want to use a different intercooler? I'm sure the one that comes with their kit is right on for what you need.

Besides your engine builder should be able to mount a I/C for you, even if he needs to fabricate a bracket.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
sleey0

Tru.

Just like the way that damn Mishi looks! If you wouldn't have shown me it Aras I wouldn't be caring hahahaha :D

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
That was if you were going to run a custom kit with a Garrett Turbo.

no need to reinvent the Zage kit. It was designed that way for maxium fun on your stock internals.

The only thing different I would do is run a sandwich plate oil adapter for your oil lines and not that oil pan style one that comes in the kit.

Put it on get a professional tune and you will be lovin the boosted feeling.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
sleey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post

The only thing different I would do is run a sandwich plate oil adapter for your oil lines and not that oil pan style one that comes in the kit.

XBG
Beat ya too it!

Garm now sells the oil sandwhich plates on his site. It's on the way!!!!

Knowing Garm it will be better than the Gloshift one.

So, I wouldn't need to use the zage pan if I drill a return line in my block right?

Or should I just use the pan?

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ yeah but why? we've now established (in at least three threads) that the Zage pan works fine.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #11
sleey0

Ok. So.zage pan it is! Lol

I always heard tapping the block was.the best.way is all

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #12
Focus_Sh1ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ I see some attachment points on the bottom there. Focus, are those threaded? did you use them?
All four holes are threaded, however the bottom ones don't align with anything either. Closest is where the skid plate bolts in, which I guess you could utilize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ yeah but why? we've now established (in at least three threads) that the Zage pan works fine.
Yes, the Zage pan is absolutely fine. I installed the pan wrong and it's the cause for the drips I currently have.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:04 PM   #13
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

I didn't catch, but how did you install it wrong? Did you post that info in your thread/guide. I'll reread through it
Old 10-08-2010, 11:04 PM   #14
sleey0

I only got my info on the zage pan when you were PISSED off, so mu impression wasn't very positive at the time,

If u say it works and is good, great! Less work for me;)

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #15
Focus_Sh1ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
I didn't catch, but how did you install it wrong? Did you post that info in your thread/guide. I'll reread through it
Garm actually pointed it out. On the OEM pan, there's like 8 bolts and 2 nuts. The stems that the nuts go on are actually removable.

I was wondering why Zage included 10 bolts in their kit...
Old 10-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #16
sleey0

Yes, Garm did say u put it on wrong lol.

No bidggie. Lesson learned.

Pics? (inside joke)

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-08-2010, 11:53 PM   #17
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

ahhhh hahaha yeah that is perplexing, if you arent use to working on engines ALL the time you wouldn't know that most if not everything sticking out of something flat in terms of studs are removable in some way. Man I wish i knew the problem, could have helped you out quicker than you probably getting super pissed at the thing. I know yesterday when i was working on a car i like to throw parts across the garage sometimes. Ever happen to you yet?

Note: A Good tap and die set comes in handy when you least expect it to