Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2017, 05:51 AM   #1
cabinfevrr

Drives: 2008 yaris 5door RS
Disable transponder?

Hello, I have a 2008 5 door RS, and the transponder / immobilizer is giving me grief. At random, it won't recognize the key, or fight with the Hyundai key on the same ring. It will turn over, start, and then die after 2 seconds. Try a different key, like the valet key, same thing. Take all other keys out of the car to eliminate interference from other chips, it will still do it until it decides to let me drive it. Turn key, fail, take key out, put it back in, fail... When I'm trying to leave for work sometimes it will take 20 - 30 attempts. It's aggravating to say the least, and I won't let my wife drive it right now, lest she get stranded at the mall.

I've searched and can't find anything on disabling or over riding the transponder. I don't need it, I live and work in the sticks, very low car theft area, and have also consulted the insurance company, and they said it didn't matter for a car of this age to turf the transponder.

How do I remove / disable / bypass and still have the car play nice when the key is turned?
cabinfevrr is offline   Reply With Quote