Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
rcvmini

Drives: 2009 Yaris HB
engine issues/problems

So I've had my 2009 auto hatchback for almost 2 years. The Yaris was running like a top with no problems. We have taken it on many road trips, camping trips etc.

Everything was fine untill my wife while stopped in a parking spot put the car into forward instead of reverse and instead of backing out of a parking stall ran the left side of the car up on a curb. It wasn't hard it and the only damage at the time was the front bumper popped out of the clips which I put back in.

Since then I have heard a clunking sound from the engine. It seems to come from the left side where the belts are but sounds like a metalic clunk clunk clunk.

The car still drives fine, I don't seem to feel any loss of power etc but today I got a check engine light. The fault code (using my $4 OBDII code bluetooth device and smart phone with "Torque" app) I got a P0335.

I also noticed errors in my acceleration graph while driving. I used the diagnostic mode and it seems everything else in the engine checks out. Here are some screen shots. I am bringing my Yaris in for recall fixes next week at the dealer but I'd like to know if I'm looking at a timing chain issue or something else. At first I thought the metal rattling/cluncking might be some lose metal plate that got bashed when the wife rode up on the curb.... but I guess its something in the engine.

If anyone has an idea whats going on please let me know.

rcvmini is offline   Reply With Quote