Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
tattoo007

Drives: 2005 Echo RS
2005 Echo RS Performance Upgrade Help Required!!

Hello everyone,
I am sorry to be such a newbie but I just purchased a 2005 Toyota Echo RS for my daughter and wanted to get some help to upgrade it. I read the forum on the exhaust and think I would like to go with the DC Sports new Manifold. I did see that I would need a Nitto mid-pipe but can't seem to find where to purchase one. If anyone has any ideas please send them to me!!
Also I would like to know for the Cold Air Intake for the Echo from you guys that have them to see which one would be better.
Any other information on performance parts to make it unique and better would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you all in advance!!
tattoo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:27 AM   #2
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
hmmm...i have full exhaust without the muffler..it doesnt seem to help much..intake start losing low mid power with high gain..this 1NZ engine, you really have to put effort in it...lol..its pain in the ass to make actually "fast" without turbo.. -_-

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:24 PM   #3
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoo007 View Post
Hello everyone,
I am sorry to be such a newbie but I just purchased a 2005 Toyota Echo RS for my daughter and wanted to get some help to upgrade it. I read the forum on the exhaust and think I would like to go with the DC Sports new Manifold. I did see that I would need a Nitto mid-pipe but can't seem to find where to purchase one. If anyone has any ideas please send them to me!!
Also I would like to know for the Cold Air Intake for the Echo from you guys that have them to see which one would be better.
Any other information on performance parts to make it unique and better would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you all in advance!!
A new exhaust manifold is great place to start. If you have the money, you can also change the entire system all the way to the tailpipe, or just change out the muffler section. I use the original mid-pipe and are relatively happy with it.
After that a cold air intake would be a good upgrade as well. There isn't a huge performance difference between brands so don't have to go too crazy spending money on the most expensive one you can get.
One upgrade that i found made a big impact in daily driving though was to reduce the parasitic loss on the engine by replacing the pulleys with light-weight ones. (and flywheel if you have a manual transmission) Your engine will be a bit more rev-happy and it'll make it easier to merge in traffic. :-)

Tags
cold air intake, echo rs, exhaust, midpipe, performance