Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
kennywhy

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Photo upload/download specs

I was going to post a listing for selling my Yaris. When I uploaded the photos for the posting the pictures were too small, and only went in a row along the bottom of the message. They were jpegs directly downloaded from my camera and into the website.
Is there any special setting on a camera to get a larger photo? What are the specs for having a large, full page photo appear on a posting like most of them are? Probably something simple I'm missing. Help please.
Thanks,
Ken
kennywhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
straight out of the camera and into the forum's attachment system? They're probably being shrunk by the forum software, as the pics would be pretty huge to put on screen.

Honestly, the best way to post pics requires a few steps, open them up in photoshop or some other image editor that lets you resize an image, then shrink it to approximately 1024x768, that is more than big enough for forum use, then upload these resized pics to photobucket or similar, then copy and paste the image links provided by that site into a post. A bit convoluted? yes. But the results are worth it.

Alternatively, get an account at dropbox.com, install their software, and save your pics in the "Public" folder, it is automatically synced with their server, then right click each file and choose "copy public URL", then past this in IMG tags on the forum. Cuts out a few steps and you can retouch pics without having to re-upload them :)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote