Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
There should be a way to become a vendor.

I've been PMing Yaris Bueller for a few months and even made a thread on it in the Sponsored section. There is absolutely no way to become a vendor.

But PLEASE - I would like to become a vendor.

Last edited by 33OH; 04-18-2012 at 05:37 PM.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Start acting like a vendor and wait to see how quickly someone tries to shut you down. That at least will be getting someones attention.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Profotoiam

Drives: yaris
ive done businees with ya you got my vote
also i tried to get my old name re acitvated form the hack and over 6 months no one pmed me back i tried to talk to all the mods no one responded back to me at all
Profotoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
But PLEASE - I would like to become a vendor.
Offering product for sale in threads and having a sig file that promotes your site is not a great way to go about it. But whatever works. Just saying.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
33OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Offering product for sale in threads and having a sig file that promotes your site is not a great way to go about it. But whatever works. Just saying.
Like I said, I'm not trying to be disrepectful. And I know you're a (well, the only) paying vendor on this site. But I have PM'ed multiple moderators, who of course can't do anything with the subject but point me to Yaris Bueller. And Yaris Bueller has logged in since some of my PM's, so he must just be ignoring them.

I'm sure he's a busy guy (or at least I'll give him the benefit of the doubt), but I really don't have much of a choice.

And I've been doing business on here since 2008 - but it wasn't to the volume to warrant becoming a vendor. I don't think it's any secret that I sell wheels and tires. But if any regular on here is shocked by that, well I don't know what to tell you.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
33OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Start acting like a vendor and wait to see how quickly someone tries to shut you down. That at least will be getting someones attention.
It's almost gotten to that point - but as I said, I don't want to be disrespectful at the same time. Garm pays to use this forum to sell. I would like to do the same thing. He was just fortunate enough to act when the admin's cared about the site enough to log in.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Ok, so let me ask you this, since it's your desire to be respectful. And I don't mean to start an argument at all, just following logic, which is my curse in life many times.

If it's ok for you to offer products for sale, and have a sig file that promotes your sales, isn't it ok for anyone to do it, paying or not? Can lots of people do it?

What is clear here is that you're getting special treatment, which might be ok with everyone. I honestly have mixed feelings about it, and will defer to the Mods, whom I think make reasonable and good decisions on here.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

And I'm not the only paying vendor. TireRack gets a whole sub-forum named after them -- trust me, they are paying for that.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #9
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/ad.php

dunno if you can expect a response but at least it's a proper first step

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #10
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/ad.php

dunno if you can expect a response but at least it's a proper first step
huh, didn't know that existed.

What happens after you click Proceed with Paypal/Credit Card Payment?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
33OH

Yeah - never seen that before. So... what does happen if I pay? I'm sure it's not instant vendor status - is that something the admins have to do as well?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
33OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Ok, so let me ask you this, since it's your desire to be respectful. And I don't mean to start an argument at all, just following logic, which is my curse in life many times.

If it's ok for you to offer products for sale, and have a sig file that promotes your sales, isn't it ok for anyone to do it, paying or not? Can lots of people do it?

What is clear here is that you're getting special treatment, which might be ok with everyone. I honestly have mixed feelings about it, and will defer to the Mods, whom I think make reasonable and good decisions on here.
I've seen many people offer products, as I'm sure you have too. And the mods have expressed concern to me, but they can't really "crack down" on me since I am willing to pay and become a vendor. I'm just waiting for the okay.

I'll remove my section of my signature for now until we get it resolved. I already made it smaller, because again - I'm not trying to cause any issues. I just want to sell some wheels and pay for this shop I'm renting, and the equipment I've purchased.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
huh, didn't know that existed.

What happens after you click Proceed with Paypal/Credit Card Payment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33OH View Post
Yeah - never seen that before. So... what does happen if I pay? I'm sure it's not instant vendor status - is that something the admins have to do as well?
Ever play Russian Roulette? :D but I suppose if there's no response you can always put a claim with Paypal

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #14
33OH

Paid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yw-1.jpg (440.9 KB, 69 views)
Old 04-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Sweet, lets see the deals you got for us!

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

drumroll.......

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Awesome - congrats! Done right!

Put that original sig back up!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
33OH

^ Thanks, Garm. Again, no disrespect meant your way (or the mods way, or even Yaris Bueller's way). I just want to sell some wheels.