Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
maranello33

Drives: Toyota Yaris (hatchBack)
Suspension Problem (Noise Creak) , Need Help here plz !

Hi All,

I own a 2007 Yaris Hatchback and certainly I have a problem that when I accelerate I hear a sound from the suspension and when I brake the same sound appears again although I am not really sure is it the suspension or no ! .. But I guess so it is .. I would like to know how to solve this issue.

Appreciate your feedback

Thanks

Best Regards;
maranello33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Can you explain the noise more. Is it constant? Cold and warm? Bumps and flat roads? Anything that can help us identify the issue more. Also are you stock or is your suspension modded.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3door LB
Also how many miles do you have on the car?
EPyarisdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
UTVitz

Drives: Black Vitz Liftback
similar issue with mine was solved by getting some silicone spray and hitting all the rubber bushings through out the suspension. front and rear. the noise usually comes from the stabilizer bar bushings in the front. but the rubber the rear coil springs set on get dry and noisy too. something to try before seeking professional help, but rubber dries out and gets noisy and this is an on going treatment as rainy days wash the silicone away.
UTVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
If this is on aftermarket springs, sometimes the springs will creek until they settle and loosen up some. Could also be a sway bar link (or stabilizer link like stated above). If the nuts holding those in are not TIGHT, the bolt will move around in the boot. This usually creates what I would describe as more of a popping noise.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
thepartsmancometh

Drives: '08 LB, '07 WRX
if its over bumps, there is a tsb regarding the front subframe and LCA mounts I believe. The fix is (expensive) front subframe replacement per toyota; my fix is (as suggested above) lube the heck out of everything!
thepartsmancometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #7
maranello33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
Can you explain the noise more. Is it constant? Cold and warm? Bumps and flat roads? Anything that can help us identify the issue more. Also are you stock or is your suspension modded.
The noise as I imagine that the suspension is not stable in its place so it makes a noise when I accelerate for Zero KM/H or brake at any speed, on cold or warm whether and on bumps and flat roads, although the the suspension is stock not modded ..

May be the rubber around it is the problem ?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
maranello33

KM/H

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPyarisdriver View Post
Also how many miles do you have on the car?
almost 66,000 KM
Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
maranello33

Thats it

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVitz View Post
similar issue with mine was solved by getting some silicone spray and hitting all the rubber bushings through out the suspension. front and rear. the noise usually comes from the stabilizer bar bushings in the front. but the rubber the rear coil springs set on get dry and noisy too. something to try before seeking professional help, but rubber dries out and gets noisy and this is an on going treatment as rainy days wash the silicone away.
YES this is what happen .. I will try the silicone spray then .. Thank u so much :)
Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #10
Ladbrox

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2012
It is quite possible that the rubber as UTVitz says ( assuming you are suggesting the silicone spray ) is dry, do you tend to pull the E-brake with the Yaris? Usually if you do a lot of E-brake fun , you can get similar noises from the suspension so everything is relevant my friend.

Also speaking of silicone spray. If you during the summer smash a lot of bugs and don't have time to wash off your car every two days for that's what it takes to get it all filled up with bugs, using tons and tons of silicone spray on the front section of the car is the magic trick, my old boss taught me that, he used to use 4 cans a week , and guess what it was bug free ;) They all slid along nicely!

Last edited by Ladbrox; 03-19-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Typo and added a new sentance
Ladbrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #11
maranello33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladbrox View Post
It is quite possible that the rubber as UTVitz says ( assuming you are suggesting the silicone spray ) is dry, do you tend to pull the E-brake with the Yaris? Usually if you do a lot of E-brake fun , you can get similar noises from the suspension so everything is relevant my friend.

Also speaking of silicone spray. If you during the summer smash a lot of bugs and don't have time to wash off your car every two days for that's what it takes to get it all filled up with bugs, using tons and tons of silicone spray on the front section of the car is the magic trick, my old boss taught me that, he used to use 4 cans a week , and guess what it was bug free ;) They all slid along nicely!
Yeah I get it thank u for ur advice appreciate it :)
Old 03-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #12
suoama

Drives: Yaris 1.8 TS 133
Hello, i had a similar problem on a Yaris 2 TS 133 vvti, suspension is stock : 30 000 miles (50 000 km), my dealer car says it was a problem with stock suspension, more precisely with "cup" (i don't know how you translate : coupelle d'amortisseur)
Maybe you should ask your dealer if your problem is the same, it's normally under warranty...
it's a problem with the second generation of yaris..
this problem is well known in France :

http://www.essais-comparatifs-auto.c...ls-yaris-2.php

Kind regards...
suoama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #13
maranello33

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by suoama View Post
Hello, i had a similar problem on a Yaris 2 TS 133 vvti, suspension is stock : 30 000 miles (50 000 km), my dealer car says it was a problem with stock suspension, more precisely with "cup" (i don't know how you translate : coupelle d'amortisseur)
Maybe you should ask your dealer if your problem is the same, it's normally under warranty...
it's a problem with the second generation of yaris..
this problem is well known in France :

http://www.essais-comparatifs-auto.c...ls-yaris-2.php

Kind regards...
Thank u so much :)

Tags
suspension, suspension noise creak