Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #73
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Forever.

..until some douche hits me or something. Let's just hope that never happens though.

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:41 AM   #74
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHxFALLEN V1.2 View Post
Forever.

..until some douche hits me or something. Let's just hope that never happens though.
So had you bought a Ford Pinto back in the seventies you'd still be happy to have it as your daily driver?
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #75
bigdoglover

Drives: 2007 red lb
they are going to kill you on a trade in. maybe sell it privately if you really want the new one
bigdoglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #76
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
I would keep this car as long as possible.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #77
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
I plan to keep it forever...the life of the car~
Funny how i made fun of my coworker of owning one and despised every little thing on this car...and now, i had bought one and love every little thing on it~
I thought the LB was the ugliest thing on the road ....... until I bought my sedan and now I get jealous of everyone who has a LB because I want one It's funny how your opinion changes about cars after you start driving one in the family huh?
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #78
Former_Neon

Drives: 1997 Yaris LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So had you bought a Ford Pinto back in the seventies you'd still be happy to have it as your daily driver?
I can answer that. Yes.
If the car was in great shape and did the job, why not?
Former_Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:30 AM   #79
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Neon View Post
I can answer that. Yes.
If the car was in great shape and did the job, why not?
Until such time as you were ever so slightly rear-ended and your car blew you to pieces... Design flaw on this one, having the gas tank too close to the rear without reinforcing anything...

I think I'd pass on any Pinto, but that's me...

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #80
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
lol you people are funny. The Yaris does its mission perfectly, and frankly it won't be worth trading in for something else. might as well always have a reliable car that can get 40 mpg so you can get a toy to play with or break and not have to worry.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:15 AM   #81
Former_Neon

Drives: 1997 Yaris LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilGirl View Post
Until such time as you were ever so slightly rear-ended and your car blew you to pieces... Design flaw on this one, having the gas tank too close to the rear without reinforcing anything...

Here, once again in an Internet forum, we have someone who inserts herself into a thread half-cocked. For your edification, the idea was that I would keep a car that ran good and was in good shape overall. It wasn't a promotion for the Ford Pinto or any other specific car.
Former_Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:14 AM   #82
jambo101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Neon View Post
Here, once again in an Internet forum, we have someone who inserts herself into a thread half-cocked. For your edification, the idea was that I would keep a car that ran good and was in good shape overall. It wasn't a promotion for the Ford Pinto or any other specific car.
The idea came from my post where i questioned the idea of keeping theYaris for life or a very long time,i was just trying to understand why some one would want to keep driving a tired old out of date economy car for 30+yrs,I used the Pinto as an example and i think Devil girl was just responding to my example of the Ford Pinto as the 30+ year old economy car and some of the unforeseen problems that can arise over time...
Old 03-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #83
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
well i had my sedan 7 months and some lady rolled a stopsign and i T-Boned the hell outta her. Hoping to keep this Yarii for another 8-10 years.
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #84
bankrobber

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
I think I'll keep the Yaris until I'll have enough money saved to start thinking about the next toy. I don't like car payments, so I'm more about delayed gratification in this respect. Save money first, buy car after

For now, that's not looking too good, so I think I'll be driving the Yaris for at least 5 more years
Must be a Dave Ramsey fan. I plan on running my Yaris at least 200k.
My last truck was a Dodge Ram with 264,000 when I sold it due to high gas prices. When the Yaris is slap wore out I will knock out the windows and race it at the local race track
bankrobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #85
kudzu71

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Send a message via AIM to kudzu71 Send a message via Yahoo to kudzu71
I've had my liftback for 3 years and I'm about to sell it. It's been a great car but I have always wanted a convertible and I'm gonna take the plunge.

Anyone wanna buy an 07 Yaris?
kudzu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #86
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankrobber View Post
Must be a Dave Ramsey fan. I plan on running my Yaris at least 200k.
My last truck was a Dodge Ram with 264,000 when I sold it due to high gas prices. When the Yaris is slap wore out I will knock out the windows and race it at the local race track
Speaking of which im a HUUUUGGEE fan of Dave Ramsey and i am listening to his radio show right now.
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #87
jambo101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu71 View Post
I've had my liftback for 3 years and I'm about to sell it. It's been a great car but I have always wanted a convertible and I'm gonna take the plunge.

Anyone wanna buy an 07 Yaris?
I recommend a Miata,great car and great forum.. Good used Miatas can be had for less than $5k so why not keep the Yaris as well.You have some great twisty roads just northeast of Atlanta,perfect for driving top down through the twisties..
Old 03-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #88
Yaris#2

Drives: 2010 5dr hatchback manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilGirl View Post

I had a '72 Pinto, never worried about being rear ended 'cause I seldom if ever used the brakes. Drove a Pinto wagon for a while as supervisor for a maintenance company. The only complaint with it was the boss telling me that every time he saw me on the road I was flying too close to the ground.
Yaris#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #89
QuantumIguana

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Probably for a long time. My wife is a real cheapskate. I just bought a 2008 Yaris sedan with 7200 miles. Sprung for the 7 year, 100,000 mile warranty. So, barring anything unforseen, we'll keep it for at least seven years, hopefully longer. It should remain large enough for out needs. Air Conditioning, heater and a radio, good enough for me, so long as it remains reliable.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #90
jimek

Drives: 2009 yaris hatch 5 speed
i cant wait til i pay it off to get a new car. it was cheap which i was looking for for a new car when i got it but i didnt realize it would feel as cheap as it does. i used to only drive old beat up 8 cylidner american cars and figured this would be a major upgrade...dont get me wrong the gas mileage is great but just about everything else is fairly bad, aside from the actual look of the car
jimek is offline   Reply With Quote