Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
Is my sedan really ugly? :(

a lot of posts say that sedan is not good looking. I am so sad. I got my sedan this Oct because there is no 4 door HB available in US.

I think Toyota is really stupid. Can't them see the large demand for 4-door Yaris Hatchback????

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hans
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
Meteorite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans_fh View Post
a lot of posts say that sedan is not good looking. I am so sad. I got my sedan this Oct because there is no 4 door HB available in US.

I think Toyota is really stupid. Can't them see the large demand for 4-door Yaris Hatchback????

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hans
People were expressing their opinions about the looks of Yaris sedan. Where's your opinion? If you have one, I say stick to it and don't mind what people say.
Meteorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
I love my 3d LB even though people have said things from "what a cute little car " to "where do you keep the engine?", "is it hamster driven?", etc.
What really matters is that I love it and I don't care what people say about it. You shouldn't either!!
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Ι have a 4dr HB and I like it.I did not know that it wasn't imported in the US.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #5
dandj

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan auto
I know there are a lot of lb fans here but I believe the sedan is the best looking car out there !! A lot of my freinds and co-workers think so too.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
To me, all Yaris models are good looking.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Sedan and LB both look great. I too wish the 4 door LB was available in the US.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I think the sedan harkens heavily to the Corolla whereas the liftback comes of as totally unique, although I see many similarities between the LB's and the Chevy Aveo hatches. However, both cars are gorgeous in their own respects.

I don't think there is a demand for a four door hatch in the US. If 20 people want them, that isn't a demand. Trust me, there are enough people working solely on demographics at Toyota... if there was a huge demand for the four door hatch, we'd have it already. Most people that want four doors also want a trunk I guess.

Then again, I could be wrong. Who in the US said that they didn't want a tach?
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #9
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Don't dwell or worry about whether people like your car or not, sure they shouldn't be mean or rude regardless if they like it or not. As mentioned its important you like it! Don't feel bad, I have an ECHO sedan and that gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more crap then the Yaris sedan would (at least in the U.S.-from what I observed)...but I don't care...I know the ECHO was designed fuction over form and its goofy looking, great! That suites my personality and that I like to be "different." I always get a kick out of seeing another ECHO on the road and going "man is that a goofy looking car but yet so cool! (IMO)" and plus I love my baby, it works for me and that's what matters so the same should go for you! Most people pick a car that suites them, even cars I think are hiddeous.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:46 AM   #10
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
I like the sedan There are plenty of nice sedans and it's cooler to be different and modify the less popular of the two

I also saw a few nice pics of ones from SEMA:

03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:03 AM   #11
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Anyone that dosnt think this looks good is crazy.

eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:14 AM   #12
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
yes very
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:24 AM   #13
mutatio

Drives: Flint Mica AT Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I think the sedan harkens heavily to the Corolla whereas the liftback comes of as totally unique, although I see many similarities between the LB's and the Chevy Aveo hatches. However, both cars are gorgeous in their own respects.

I don't think there is a demand for a four door hatch in the US. If 20 people want them, that isn't a demand. Trust me, there are enough people working solely on demographics at Toyota... if there was a huge demand for the four door hatch, we'd have it already. Most people that want four doors also want a trunk I guess.

Then again, I could be wrong. Who in the US said that they didn't want a tach?
actually i think the Yaris sedan harkins much more to the new Camry design than the Corolla. the sedan looks like a mini camry in various ways (i.e.-the rounded nose). i'd be surprised if the 2008 corolla doens't take its design cues from the Yaris and Camry. :)

the Yaris in general is still a pretty low volume vehicle in the US, which to me says more about why there was not a 5 door LB offered here more than anything else. its the reason why dealerships kept telling me "we'll sell u one at MSRP. they're hot!" there is a demand for them, bc they're well styled and such, but they'd only be hot, if for instance they had as high a volume as the corollas and had the level of demand they're seeing now. Toyota, much like Honda and its Fit, are testing the market to see what the response will be before ramping up volume and tinkering with different body styles.

looks-wise, i tend to lean towards sedans in general. as noted elsewhere however the Yaris is one of the few hatchbacks i've seen and really been drawn to for its esthetics. i'd have gone for a 5DR if they had them here in the US, but that's no disprespect to the sedan. with a 5DR LB i could have the style that i like in both models, the people moving capability of the sedan, and the utility of the LB. for me it's more about money. i could save money in the short term by getting a 3DR LB, which i do like as well, but that would leave us with a dying 4DR Plymouth Neon to be our passenger friendly vehicle. not good! in any case, i still love the styling of the sedan, even without rims, drops, etc., and am very stoked about picking mine up this month!
mutatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:28 AM   #14
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
The sedan doesn't look so bad, actually! It does have a kind of cheeky mischievous look to it...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #15
St_G

Drives: Black 2007 Yaris Liftback 1.5
The S sedan is pretty hot, but having spent the last 10 years driving a subcompact economy sedan (a '95 Saturn SL1), I really wanted something a bit different and the Yaris sedan -- especailly the CE -- just looked too much like an update of the same sort of car. So for me, it was the Hatch or nothing. I admit, a 4-door hatch would have been slightly preferable, but in practice, I carry stuff a lot more often than I carry multiple passangers, so this is just great.

The Yaris sedan -- in either trim -- is NOT ugly. It's just a bit more normal looking.
St_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
I don't think a four-door car of any kind looks good, but that's just me.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #17
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
The sedan looks like any other car out on the road. The hatchback is really different than anything else on the road right now.

Cute is definitely the most used adjective when people see the car. Even guys say it.

Saying a 4 door hatch wouldn't sell well is crazy. America is 4 door crazy now.
The Dodge Charger has 4 doors and it sells like crazy, the GTO is 2 door and they can't give them away.

I bet a huge percentage of people who bought the hatchback would have opted for the 4 door version if it was available for the same price.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #18
St_G

Drives: Black 2007 Yaris Liftback 1.5
WHile I agree that the sedan is the more sedate and bland of the two designs, I don't think it's fair to claim that the hatch has no analogues out there. Even setting aside the "a hatch is a hatch" outlook of most american buyers, the Yaris LB's looks can be pretty closely tied to two other vehicles: the VW Golf/Rabbit and the Smart ForTwo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrbill View Post
The sedan looks like any other car out on the road. The hatchback is really different than anything else on the road right now.
St_G is offline   Reply With Quote