Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
rcspott

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB Stick
Iphone to Aux port

2008 3 Door Yaris

Can you play music through the Aux Port from an Iphone?

If you can would it charge your Iphone at the same time?

Where can you buy the correct cable to connect?

Thanks,

Rich
rcspott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Nodrog

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to Nodrog
yes

If your Aux port is the standard 1/8th" phono plug, then yes you can play your iPhone MUSIC through it. You cannot charge through it, as only the '30-pin dock connector' port will charge. Don't expect to make/receive phone calls through it either...
The cable should look like this;
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=4344796
with the 1/8th" plug on both ends...one end goes into iPhone, the other goes into the Aux port. The stereo treats it as a generic MP3 player (or any other audio player for that matter). The cable can be found basically anywhere that sells stereo cables or headphones.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
rcspott

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB Stick
Thanks

Thank you
rcspott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
I did just find out by accident that if you have your iphone connected to a bluetooth earpiece and you are plugged into the AUX port and receive a phone call you can hear the other person talk through your car speakers (almost like surround sound lol) while they hear what you say through the headset .... i thought it was pretty cool! :-D
Old 02-10-2011, 12:20 AM   #5
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkndacn View Post
I did just find out by accident that if you have your iphone connected to a bluetooth earpiece and you are plugged into the AUX port and receive a phone call you can hear the other person talk through your car speakers (almost like surround sound lol) while they hear what you say through the headset .... i thought it was pretty cool! :-D
That's strange...you would think the bluetooth connection would cut out the audio from the audio port...were you listening to music from the phone via Aux while using bluetooth for cellular?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
I imagine, as far as the Iphone knows, your using headphones, so it still outputs sound through the audio jack.
So you could clip the bluetooth headset to the visor if you wanted, and go hands and "headfree" operation while in the car? LOL
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
The music that I was listening to did cut out but the sound from the call came through the speakers. It was the weirdest thing ... I was like woa! lol

Headfree driving FTW!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
Nickxpax

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan
Looking for some help. When I plug my iphone 4 into the aux port and hit the aux button, it will not recognize it. Has anyone else had this problem. I could use my Ipod nano without problem. Now all my music is on the iphone. Any help would be appreciated.
Nickxpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
Nodrog

I plugged an iPhone 3GS into the Aux port on my '07 sedan no problem. Believe I had to press 'iPod' on the phone. Didn't try a 4, sorry. I'm assuming you pressed 'iPod' on the phone to go into iPod mode?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
Nickxpax

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan
I pressed the iPod button etc. I'm going to try a different device that I know works later and see if the port has a problem
Nickxpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkndacn View Post
Headfree driving FTW!!!!
I think that would be kind of hard to pull off. Even for the most skilled driver.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #12
Yaris02
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2002
Aux port

Hey guys,

I have a 2002 Yaris and just purchased a monster car changer and audio cable, but I can't find the audio port in my car anywhere. If anyone has any idea where I could fine it I would much appreciate it.
Thanks,
Amber.
Yaris02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #13
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
isn't it under the hand brake lever?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote