Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2006, 05:28 AM   #1
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Any other Yaris Message boards or Websites out there?

I've frequented many car forums including honda-tech.com, clublexus.com, lexusownersclub.com, spyderchat.com, overboost.com, zilvia.net,freshalloy.com,240sx.org,nicoforums, etc.etc.
but, i don't know much about online resources for the Yaris, much less a good Toyota site like honda-tech.com is for hondas.
Does anyone here use other Yaris internet resources besides yarisworld.com??
TRD_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:07 AM   #2
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Drives: .
There are sites like echobb.com and the Japanese forums... other ones so called dedicated to Echos/Yaris don't seem to be any better than this place.
SmellyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
toyotanation.com tends to have some yaris focus occasionally
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0bf2f4/
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #5
Dylanby

Drives: RS 5-DR
There's also the fledgling Yaris Owners. Yaris World is the best IMO.
Dylanby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:08 PM   #6
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
There's Yarisworld! Sorry I couldn't resist-I know flame away
Old 06-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #7
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanby
After poking around over there, this sites much better.

Last edited by Chris07LB; 06-21-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:05 PM   #8
El Jefe

Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
i found this place http://www.toyota-yaris.com/ ...meh
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:49 AM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe
i found this place http://www.toyota-yaris.com/ ...meh
No one ever visits that one.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:13 PM   #10
YarisTuner

Drives: 2007 F.M. 5spd Sedan Yaris
I'm in the process of making a new site for all you guys! Please, feel free to visit and join the site. While you're there. PM me some suggestions to make it better and more unique. www.yaristuners.com

Thanks!
Travis
travis@yaristuners.com
YarisTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #11
casterqc

Drives: Yaris
Is there anything wrong with Yarisworld? I think it is better to have one forum where everyone goes...

I don't really see the point of making a lot of forums that all look the same when you can stick to one and find all the info you need, or share your knowledge with others at one place.

...and we all know that it is all the same people that end up posting on these different forums.

I think Yarisworld is the best forum avaible at the moment and I think we should continue to share our info here, at the end it will make it easier and more fun for all of us.

Anyway...this is just my point of view...I'm not disrespecting anyone who try to create another forum
casterqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #12
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
I signed up for the heck of it, and if I can help I will.

So far though, YarisWorld.com =
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:57 AM   #13
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
Yeah, so far Yarisworld seems to have the most people and good info on it.. going to a bunch of diffrent forums can sometimes be a pain.. I used to admin the So-Cal forum for a tacoma club, there was a national forum and then a bunch of local chapter forums, etc.. now we have consolidated down to one forum for all of them nationwide, and even expanded to other Toyota off-Road vehicals (www.ttora.com) Now it's only one forum to find all the good info and talk to others.. much easier this way, and less work for me..

Same thing will probably happen with the Yaris forums, one will eventualy establish itself above the others and the others will die off.
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:30 PM   #14
NCP31

Drives: 1NZFE NCP31
If you have mySpace: http://groups.myspace.com/ToyotaYaris
NCP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #15
Hyde

Drives: M3,CayenneS,SL500,550i,GT3RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanby

after seeing what the mod drives, i dont even wanna visit it anymore
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #16
jake3356

Drives: Element
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankota
Yeah, so far Yarisworld seems to have the most people and good info on it.. going to a bunch of diffrent forums can sometimes be a pain.
I agree. I been tryin to spread the word about Yarisworld so y'all do the same
jake3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:56 AM   #17
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by casterqc
Is there anything wrong with Yarisworld? I think it is better to have one forum where everyone goes...

I don't really see the point of making a lot of forums that all look the same when you can stick to one and find all the info you need, or share your knowledge with others at one place.

...and we all know that it is all the same people that end up posting on these different forums.

I think Yarisworld is the best forum avaible at the moment and I think we should continue to share our info here, at the end it will make it easier and more fun for all of us.

Anyway...this is just my point of view...I'm not disrespecting anyone who try to create another forum
well, it seems like yarisworld.com has a very limited knowledge base, especially when it comes to universal issues and ignorance on common subjects. I've been trying to find a site that has more TECHNICAL info like wiring harness diagrams and people that have started doing the engine swaps...i've put a 2ZZ motor / 6 speed transmission in a MR2 Spyder, 1MZ / Solara 6 speed in a SW20 MR2, RB26DETT skyline motor / RB25 trans into 240SX, as well as the COMMON sr20det 240sx swap and B , H, or K series into hodna civics...
but, finding Vitz owners who have taken the time to document their LARGE engine PROJECTs and hardcore track testing is IN SHORT SUPPLY here on yarisworld.com. Not to knock the site, it's still a fledgling until the Yaris gets more mainstream..but again, there is a lot of mininformation here and not enough trolling admin to keep the confusion from spreading..
Old 07-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #18
jake3356

Drives: Element
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD_Yaris
well, it seems like yarisworld.com has a very limited knowledge base, especially when it comes to universal issues and ignorance on common subjects. I've been trying to find a site that has more TECHNICAL info like wiring harness diagrams and people that have started doing the engine swaps...i've put a 2ZZ motor / 6 speed transmission in a MR2 Spyder, 1MZ / Solara 6 speed in a SW20 MR2, RB26DETT skyline motor / RB25 trans into 240SX, as well as the COMMON sr20det 240sx swap and B , H, or K series into hodna civics...
but, finding Vitz owners who have taken the time to document their LARGE engine PROJECTs and hardcore track testing is IN SHORT SUPPLY here on yarisworld.com. Not to knock the site, it's still a fledgling until the Yaris gets more mainstream..but again, there is a lot of mininformation here and not enough trolling admin to keep the confusion from spreading..
What do you expect though? The US has only seen this car on sale for a couple/few months now. You're prolly way ahead of the curve when it comes to technical knowledge and ability to tinker with your Yaris anyway so its gonna take some time for ppl to start messing/modding with their newly bought Yaris. Just gonna take more time for the knowledge base around here to build up.
jake3356 is offline   Reply With Quote