Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
jerry022

Drives: yaris RS
aux input for Canada RS 6 disk changer

is it for the Canada RS model's 6 disk player there is no aux input like the US cars does ?
jerry022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
the US does not get the same 6 cd changer than we do. Besides, i'm not even sure if they have a 6 cd changer.

The RS 6 cd changer is not AUX capable. (there's no AUX button anyways.)
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
I'm in the US, but have the 6 Disc Canadian head unit in my car too.
There IS a place to plug in the AUX jack on the back of the radio, BUT it does'nt activate anything. Simply put; iPod no worky with CDM radio.
With that said, I don't mind. The unit is a real nice SILVER and has surround sound button + a nice large easy to read display..... It does'nt look cheap at all. And 6Disc capabilities makes up for the AUX jack faux pas.

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:03 AM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
i guess so, but the 6 cd changer is horribly slow.. i never really liked it.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
jonathanq

Drives: 2009 Yaris RS 5 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
the US does not get the same 6 cd changer than we do. Besides, i'm not even sure if they have a 6 cd changer.

The RS 6 cd changer is not AUX capable. (there's no AUX button anyways.)
I just picked up my 2009 Yaris RS last week (5 door) - it has the 6 disc changer in dash. There is an AUX button on the front and an AUX input jack on the front of the unit. I picked up a 3.5mm cable from the local "Source by Circut City" store and have been using my iPod every day.

Are you referring to the iPod adapter kit? I didn't ask the dealer about that option as I figured it would cost more to get that installed (along with bluetooth) than it would to just get a new HU with both iPod and bluetooth installed.
jonathanq is offline   Reply With Quote