Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2016, 02:35 AM   #1
Ben_

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatch
The switch to SMF

Hey y'all it's good to be back I've been gone for a while but is love to catch up again. I've been driving in SDM class lately which means my car is much much lighter now. I've also added a larger cam and rpf1 rims with bridge stones and coils with good struts. It's a hell of a car. How should I make it faster?
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:01 AM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Driver mod.

Hands down, the biggest gains I've ever made were from getting a veteran autocrosser in the car and coaching me through half a dozen runs. I went the wrong way around and started with the supercharger, then got tires, then got coached.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
^^^+1^^^

Try to go to every driver school you can, also see if there is an Evolution school near you soon. Try to do the 2 days if you can afford it. Will teach you so much.

Things the yaris needs to be competitive in the SMF class, LSD, around 200whp. Good Hoosier Rcomps. That should get you competitive after you get the driver mod, but driver mod comes with time