Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-06-2022, 08:18 PM   #1
nesagwa

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback (US, MT)
'07 Hatch Project

Got this from my sister in law in about 2012 and have been dailying it since. Finally starting to clean it up and do some mods.

Done so far!
  • Spec-D Halo LED Headlights installed
  • 1ZZ Throttle Body Swap with aluminum spacer
  • Cluster swap with a Canadian unit with tach
  • Derusted, cleaned and painted battery holder bracket / hold down.
  • Lubed the shifter so no more squeak and shifts MUCH smoother
  • Replaced rear wiper motor with a reconditioned one - this was broken when I got the car, so it's nice to have now
  • Replaced all interior bulbs with LEDs and color swapped the AC dial lights to white
  • Replaced stock side indicators with the black LED ones
  • Drag 15" gloss black wheels and new tires
  • Replaced the inner fender splash covers and reinstalled bumper with the proper clips (almost all of them were missing before)
  • Replaced rotted original roof drip liners
  • Put on a tiny radio antenna mostly for looks

To Do:
  • Install CheckPointTurning cold air intake (in blue to match the car), this is getting delivered tomorrow, so won't be "to do" for long
  • Install Non Stop Tuning short throw shifter kit and carbon fiber knob. These are apparently out of stock, but a new batch are being manufactured now. So this will be about a month out.
  • Fix the broken brackets behind the speedometer cluster
  • Tint the windows to try and deal with some of this Florida heat
  • New seat covers, floor mats, cargo mat
  • Body work and paint restoration. This will probably be the most expensive and final thing that I do.
Attached Images

nesagwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:01 PM   #2
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
that shot...lol i took this the other day

still on the fence about the sport/painted mirors, with all the black accents on the car now i almost feel like the black mirrors look better

sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 09:26 AM   #3
nesagwa

Oo, I like the black mirror trim. Maybe I'll look into something similar, the plastic shroud on mine is pretty toast at this point.

That photo hides most of the paint damage and fading, it's all just a trick of the light lol.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:47 AM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Black mirrors were standard on early year, lower level trim models. If I'm not mistaken, colour mirrors are just a shroud clipped on over the standard black mirror.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:31 PM   #5
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Black mirrors were standard on early year, lower level trim models. If I'm not mistaken, colour mirrors are just a shroud clipped on over the standard black mirror.

ive yet to figure out exactly how to get them off without breaking the tabs tho, the mirror "frame" didnt change but it was either a "slick" painted cap or a "textured" raw black cap, both interchange that much i do know as fact
Old 08-03-2022, 07:04 PM   #6
nesagwa

Finally got this CPT cold air intake installed with a new intake manifold (don't ask, made a dumb mistake).

Short shift kit still hasn't come from NST.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2022, 02:38 AM   #7
sh0rtlife

i ended up with the "DNA" cold air, and while the first one had issues with the maf throwing codes...the second ones been on a few months now with ZERO issue...and its shiney lol

both me n my wife wish it was a manual...maybe it will be some day...manual is what she wanted dealer didnt have any when new
Old 08-05-2022, 10:25 AM   #8
nesagwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
i ended up with the "DNA" cold air, and while the first one had issues with the maf throwing codes...the second ones been on a few months now with ZERO issue...and its shiney lol

both me n my wife wish it was a manual...maybe it will be some day...manual is what she wanted dealer didnt have any when new
I wasn't getting any codes, but this morning it started throwing the running lean code again (I was getting this off and on after I swapped the throttle body with the stock intake already, but it eventually stopped). I'll just have to check to see if I have a vacuum leak or possibly replace the MAF.

We also figured out that my engine coolant was like half a gallon low, so we topped that up and now my AC is working a lot better and the engines running cool without the fan kicking on anywhere near as much.